Oss Operations Specialist
OSS Operations Specialist
Location – Newbury
£ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer
As part of the OSS Operations Team, ensure the availability of the OSS services, including reactive and proactive activities. You will be responsible for supporting world class OSS Solutions for network rollout, performance, optimisation and analytics. You will act as the Subject Matter Expert in Networks OSS Cluster – Network Support, Readiness & Fulfilment, Mobile Commerce / Media / Analytics; or your responsibilities will be to support and administer the IP & Data Network Management Systems; which in most cases includes the server hardware, operating system and the applications. Onsite Customer facing may also be required.
What will you be doing?
- As part of the OSS Operations team, improve service and customer focus and ensure that relevant parties are kept informed throughout any engagement. Own support of the IP&D OSS applications; manage the resolution of fault tickets and the progress of general administration duties as required. Pass to 4th line support where required.
- Carry out the resolution of fault tickets and application administration where required on the IP&D OSS estate. Work with other IT teams to develop standard fixes for use by 1st line support and front line colleagues to reduce volume of tickets into 2nd line and IT support as a whole.
- Proactively manage the applications supported to increase the reliability and quality of the services delivered, including reducing fault volumes, impact and MTTR.
- Create/Review & Modify documentation within the documentation library to comply with relevant standards.
- Work with the development team(s), reviewing and making recommendations for IT system improvements. Management of licence compliance, IT system security, patching and capacity management to comply with relevant standards.
What experience are Vodafone looking for?
- Experience with supporting (from 2nd line to 3rd line level) IPD OSS applications.
- Experience working with developers/vendors implementing fixes or improvements to IPD OSS.
- Experience of delivering against performance targets
- Ability to explain complex issues in simple, customer-centric language
- History of delivery in Telecoms
- Exposure to ITIL methodologies
Specific knowledge or qualification of the following IBM Tivoli Netcool, VMware SMARTS, Infovista (Foundation 4),IP-VPN Encrypt. Secure Connectivity ie PSN Connect
Desirable – ITILv4
What’s in it for you?
Technology is at the heart of everything we do at Vodafone. This role presents a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a growing but extremely important area of our business. We’re looking for the very best people to join us. People who share our passion, pioneering spirit and our focus on customer obsession. If that sounds like you this is your chance to take your career in telecommunications further.
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
London, Greater London
Role Title: Personal Assistant Location: London Paddington Vodafone Group Business partners with large multi-national organisations to find better ways of working through our total communications
Delivery Escalations Specialist NewburyCompetitive salary + excellent benefits As a Delivery Escalations Specialist you will be responsible for managing all orders that have been either expedited fo
Role Title: Product Architect Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across
Job Title: Mobile Services Senior Engineer Business Area: Vodafone Secure Sector Location: Farnborough Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain DV level security clearance About Voda
Job Title: Network Design Lead Business Area: Vodafone Secure Sector Location: Farnborough Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain DV level security clearance About Vodafone Secure
Role Title: SOX Manager Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 cou
Role Title: Cyber Risk Manager Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acro
Field Engineer – Mobile & Fixed Telecommunication Permanent – Field BasedSouth Wales & Swindon Region Looking to cross skill? Become one of our Field based engineers that can deliver best in class Fi
Field Technician – Telecommunication Permanent – Field BasedManchester Region Looking to cross skill? Become one of our Field based engineers that can deliver best in class Fixed & Mobile solutions t
Role Title:Cloud Senior Architect Location: Newbury, UK At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence
SOC Analyst (Shift work) FarnboroughSecurity Clearance required: DV level You will be part of a SOC team providing monitoring of SIEM systems, managed firewall and IPS services for both Vodafone a