Operations Manager – Fixed Data Services
Working within UK Technology Services, the Fixed Data Services (FDS) department supports the provisioning of Vodafone core IP & Data products, whilst also providing associated Remote Access, Transmission Build, Layer 1, 2 & 3 Testing and Customer Reporting requirements.
As the Operations Manager of a FDS provisioning team you are responsible for leading a team of Technical Engineers to deliver against business strategy and KPIs including on-time and right first time performance. This position includes recruitment, motivation and retention of colleagues in your team whilst managing through effective communication driving your team to deliver world class service to our customer base.
Day to day you will be responsible for meeting delivery targets, driving continuous improvement, supporting business transformation and bringing new products and customers into the team. Vodafone is on a constantly adapting, digital journey, as a key operational manager in UK Technology you will play a pivotal role in taking your team through our roadmap alongside maintaining and improving KPI performance. Part of the objective involves the support and retirement of legacy products and networks moving customers to new products and ways of working.
The right person for this role will have the ability to communicate at all levels to meet both internal and external customer needs. The position will not only need to implement change but drive colleagues to adapt to new, improved cultures and disciplines.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Operational accountability driving high performance & continuous improvement through KPI management
- Invoking appropriate escalation both internal and external to achieve maximum customer focus
- Development of customer relationships and its representation into tangible measurements
- Support and retirement of legacy based products and ensuring our customers have continuous service
What’s important to us?
- Leadership experience of managing teams and colleague aspirations
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with ability to build strong relationships and influence across internal and external organisations
- Strong customer ethos and ability to liaise with customers in a technical service delivery environment
- Self-motivated, assertive, flexible and innovative
- Advocate of change and ability to manager this across a wide number of stakeholders and customers.
What’s in it for you?
Great reward with a competitive basic salary. You will get to work with a fun, diverse and driven team who love what they do and a leadership team who listen, support and inspire you to be your very best!
- Love to travel? 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell an extra 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
- Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award-winning maternity policy.
- Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
- Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
- Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
- What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
Ready? Click apply now!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Senior Technology Operations ManagerLocation – Newbury What’s the role? Reporting directly in to the Head of Tech Ops, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technology leader to join the
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Architect Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acros
Level 3 Field Technician Non-Youth Apprentice Unified Communications Technician (Advanced Apprenticeship) Locations include Bracknell & High Wycombe areas Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what w
Role Title: IoT Connectivity Product Manager Role Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer
Role Title: Penetration Testing Specialist Location: Brentford At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and custom
Role Title: Principal Satellite Engineer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excel
Role Title: Technical Product Owner Location: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of
Fibre Planning Engineer Location - Newbury Build the Network, Build your future! As a Networks Engineer within Fibre Services you will engaged in the fundamental and detailed planning of the Vodafone
Project CoordinatorNewbury As you might imagine, technology is very much at the heart of Vodafone – without it, there wouldn't be a business. But here's the thing. We don't just develop new and innov
Role Title Infrastructure and Integration Engineer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and custo
Delivery Coordinator – Fixed Services Newbury As a Delivery Coordinator you will be responsible for delivering the best possible service experience that exceeds expectations throughout the order deli