Operations Manager – Fixed Data Services
Working within UK Technology Services, the Fixed Data Services (FDS) department supports the provisioning of Vodafone core IP & Data products, whilst also providing associated Remote Access, Transmission Build, Layer 1, 2 & 3 Testing and Customer Reporting requirements.
As the Operations Manager of a FDS provisioning team you are responsible for leading a team of Technical Engineers to deliver against business strategy and KPIs including on-time and right first time performance. This position includes recruitment, motivation and retention of colleagues in your team whilst managing through effective communication driving your team to deliver world class service to our customer base.
Day to day you will be responsible for meeting delivery targets, driving continuous improvement, supporting business transformation and bringing new products and customers into the team. Vodafone is on a constantly adapting, digital journey, as a key operational manager in UK Technology you will play a pivotal role in taking your team through our roadmap alongside maintaining and improving KPI performance. Part of the objective involves the support and retirement of legacy products and networks moving customers to new products and ways of working.
The right person for this role will have the ability to communicate at all levels to meet both internal and external customer needs. The position will not only need to implement change but drive colleagues to adapt to new, improved cultures and disciplines.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Operational accountability driving high performance & continuous improvement through KPI management
- Invoking appropriate escalation both internal and external to achieve maximum customer focus
- Development of customer relationships and its representation into tangible measurements
- Support and retirement of legacy based products and ensuring our customers have continuous service
What’s important to us?
- Leadership experience of managing teams and colleague aspirations
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with ability to build strong relationships and influence across internal and external organisations
- Strong customer ethos and ability to liaise with customers in a technical service delivery environment
- Self-motivated, assertive, flexible and innovative
- Advocate of change and ability to manager this across a wide number of stakeholders and customers.
What’s in it for you?
Great reward with a competitive basic salary. You will get to work with a fun, diverse and driven team who love what they do and a leadership team who listen, support and inspire you to be your very best!
- Love to travel? 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell an extra 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
- Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award-winning maternity policy.
- Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
- Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
- Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
- What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
Ready? Click apply now!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Role Title: IoT Connectivity Product Manager Role Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer
2nd Line Network EngineerLocation – Wokingham What’s the role? Providing 2nd line network support and project delivery as part of a dedicated team based on a major client site based in Wokingham.
Role Title: Software Engineer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across
Service Management Systems Manager - 250869 Location – Newbury HQ Salary: £Competitive + Excellent benefits What’s the role? As a Service Management Systems Manager, you will supports Vodafone’s growt
PEGA DeveloperLocation: NewburySalary: £Competitive salary + excellent benefits Automating work processes & developing the business for the future. Developers work collaboratively in scrum teams of be
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Test and Quality Assurance Specialist Manchester basedCompetitive salary + excellent benefits As a Test and Quality Assurance Specialist within Technology Enterprise Services you will ensure detailed
Network Security Engineer Hinckley Competitive Salary Key accountabilities: Support account management with exceptional technical skills and coaching of team members.Communicate with internal an
Vulnerability Management Specialist Newbury Responsibilities are mainly the maintenance, and daily operation of the Vulnerability Management Platform you will also have an input to all of the securit
Role Title: DevOps Manager Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30
Role Title: Business Intelligence S4 Hana Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and custom
Role Title: Technical Design Consultant Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excelle