Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19)
Permanent - Full time (Mon to Fri 37.5 hours per week)
COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee safety. As part of this we have moved to a virtual hiring and onboarding process until further notice.
Vodafone UK Networks is the team that makes the magic happen, bringing Gigafast speed and innovation to our customers. We’re continually building and enhancing our best ever network, that connects businesses and millions of people across the country for a better future.
What will you be doing?
A new opportunity has arisen to play a defining role within the Networks Demand team accountable for the review, technical viability and feasibility of all mobile solutions requests, (in particularly 5G). You will work closely with various stakeholders, engineering and delivery teams to ensure demand for mobile resources meets strategic alignment, commercial benefits and buildability.
Review and analysis of all 5G requests against strategic and innovation plans
Identify key differentiators and unique opportunities for EBU and CBU customers (4G v 5G)
Ensure Commercial benefits of solutions through robust business cases
Assess buildability of all solutions against cost and effort
Provide SME expertise for 5G bids liaising with EBU and CBU teams
Work closely with delivery teams and partners to ensure 5G programmes are delivered to timescales and within budget
Who are we looking for?
- Education - BSc in Science or Telecommunications or equivalent industry experience
- Experience within Radio Design and Delivery
- Experience of working cross-functionally and driving collaboration between teams and functions to deliver end goals.
- Highly analytical with excellent communication skills – able to communicate confidently and effectively; able to explain complex concepts in a way that is easy to understand.
- Strong knowledge of 5G, 4G radio access technologies, its deployment and acceptance with experience of Vendors and OEMs, Solutions providers etc
- Ability to assess economic aspects of feasibility solutions and influence bid activity.
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best talent. Inclusion for all is a key pillar of our purpose with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage growth and progression for all employees.
Posting End Date: 24th November 2020