Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19)
Safety Notice: To ensure candidate and employee safety, we are continuing with our virtual hiring and onboarding processes until further notice.
Vodafone UK IT is the intelligence, the platforms and tools that enable our products and services. Be part of the team that develops and runs our digital IT platforms, driving innovation in how we deliver to our customers and the rest of the business.
What will you be doing?
In this role you will carry out the Secure by Design assessments and provide guidance to projects and BAU activities across the following UK business functions:
- Enterprise / Consumer: Your focus will be to ensure we deliver secure products and services to our customers across Enterprise / Consumer markets, as defined by Vodafone UK’s Enterprise / Consumer business functions.
- Internal: Your focus will be to ensure we deliver secure solutions to support Vodafone UK’s internal business functions. These internal business functions include Technology, Finance, HR, Corporate & External Affairs and Business Intelligence.
You will work with project teams to produce solutions that comply with internal security policies, standards and the security architecture. The role requires a recent hands-on background with a wide range of security, network and/or IT technologies. You will also provide technical advice and guidance to Technology Security Specialists.
Who are we looking for?
- Competent in understanding IT and network designs and equipment configurations used to deliver a wide range of IT and telecommunications solutions
- Competent in applying security policies and principles defined in security architecture to real world scenarios
- Understands and applies risk management principles
- Effective communication skills to influence stakeholders and explain complex security requirements in simple terms
- Stakeholder Management - established as the go-to person for any project issues impacting on Corporate & External Affairs teams
- Proficient experience working as part of a Cyber/Network Security Team.
- Experience with Security application across 4G/5G RAN Transmission solutions.
- Educated to a degree level, or equivalent experience.
- CISSP Certification (Highly desirable, but not essential).
What’s in it for you?
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
Posting End Date: 26th January 2021