Role Title: Network Engineer
Location: Port Talbot
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
Vodafone Global Enterprise partners with large multi-national organisations to find better ways of working through our total communications solutions. We enable them do ‘more with less’ by empowering their people to work more flexibly, simply and efficiently to ensure their business is built on firm connectivity foundations. Across our global fixed and mobile networks, cloud-based hosting platforms, Internet of Things solutions, technical expertise and professional services offerings, we can connect global organisations in a rapid changing world to ensure they stay agile and competitive – wherever in the world they do business. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
The Vodafone Network Team support Tatasteel networks at Port Talbot, Support will also be provided in the following sitesLlanwern Newport, Trostre Llanelli, Shotton Deeside, Firsteel Walsall, Cogent Orb Newport, Catnic Caerphilly plants
Engineers would be part of the Network team based at Port Talbot travelling to the Tatasteel plants managing Network issues as and when they arise, replacing/updating Network Hardware where necessary, planning designing any network expansion where required.
It’s a challenging interesting role due to the nature of the sites that are supported predominantly steel making plants and its environment is not your standard office layout.
Port Talbot is located on the coast has good parking, Costa and restaurant facilities.
With us you will:
- Deliver Network Services to IT users that match the business needs and SLA’s.
- Technically strong in providing support and implementation of Network services.
- Build and manage customer relationships through maintaining an effective infrastructure provision relationship with the Solutions Groups.
- Support and execute the infrastructure strategy to meet both business needs and lifecycle management requirements.
- Provide effective and secure network infrastructure that supports delivery of agreed IT services.
Apply if you have:
- Degree or HND in Information Technology or Electronics
- Educated to at least one of the following network certifications:
- Cisco CCNA (standard network knowledge level)
- Cisco CCNP (professional or advanced network knowledge level)
- Juniper and/or Palo Alto / Check Point / Cisco knowledge
- 3+ years of IT infrastructure design, network operations, & related project experience in an enterprise environment.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on email@example.com
If you have any questions left
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The future is exciting. Ready?