Level 6 Network Engineer Degree Apprenticeship (Newbury)
Start date: September 2019
Application Closing Date: TBC
Think you know Vodafone? Think again!
There has never been a more exciting time to get involved in technology! As a global technology leader, our products and services transform lives and businesses around the world every day. Whether it’s helping develop the smart cities of the future, transforming healthcare or enabling the development of entire economies in the emerging markets, we are helping to build the digital infrastructure of the future!
Did you know, we have been recognised in The Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for and The Times Top 50 Employers for Women in 2018? We’ve also been recognised by the Financial Times as having Ethnic Minority role models in 2018.
Our Network Engineer teams deliver our world leading global network within teams at the cutting edge of network health, adapting & evolving to changes with new technologies, and providing our global customers (both consumer and business) the very best digital experience. You could be supporting the engineering and delivery of voice & data services, helping constantly monitor the entire network, from mobile to fixed, and even the thousands of miles of deep-sea cable to detect any issues. The next few years at Vodafone are predicted to be even more thrilling than ever before, as networks become virtualized, predictive, self-adapting, and ever more intelligent.
So if you are blown away by the technology keeping networks connected across different countries 24/7 that enable people and business to change the world… then the network engineering degree apprenticeships is for you!
During your 4 year Network Engineering Digital & Technology Solutions Apprenticeship, you will undertake blended classroom and virtual based learning which could include modules such as ‘Understanding Systems Development, IP-Based Network Switching Systems, Business Strategy, Network Design & Troubleshooting, Cyber Security, Unified Communications, Software Defined Network’ and many more. Alongside your Vodafone role this will help you develop into a Network Engineer expert, role modelling our Vodafone Way Behaviours and able to, among other things…
• Plan, design, build and test a simple network to a requirement specification that includes hubs, switches, routers and wireless user devices, applying appropriate security products and processes.
• Identify the key characteristics of a new network service and develop estimates of the expected traffic intensity and traffic load that the network must support.
• Determine the minimum network capacity of planned networks to meet network requirements.
• Design, build, test, configure and optimise a distributed network, including switches, routers and firewalls to meet given requirements.
• Analyse network performance and troubleshoot typical problems in networks.
• Identify and evaluate network security risks and incorporate appropriate security products and processes into network designs to increase security, resilience and dependability..
On successful completion of the programme, you will gain a BSc (Hons) Degree in Digital & Technology Solutions, specialising in Network Engineering.
Your Network Engineer Role
Your role as a Network Engineer Apprentice will be a fundamental position within the wider Technology team, helping us implement our vision of the digital future. Working within an agile environment with networking engineering experts on select Vodafone Business accounts, your responsibilities could entail…
• Completing major communications installations within business customer premises and various substation environments
• Liaising with customer for fault resolution
• Troubleshoot and resolve faults. Complete network reports and analysis when required
• Work to customer billing milestones critical to project completions
• Working towards 2nd line support level capability on PDH, SDH & Radio Communications environment
• Building a structured approach to fault finding in complex networks
• Understanding of network management
• Service Design for Operational Telecoms systems including…
o Copper Cable Networks
o Fibre Optic Networks
o Digital Microwave Radio Systems
o High-bit-rate digital subscriber line (HDSL)
o Symmetric digital subscriber line (SDSL)
o IP Networks
o Production of design concept, drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
What’s in it for you
• Investment in your personal development with forward thinking digital learning
• Working for an industry leading company that spans across different countries around the world
• Having business exposure and projects from day one
• Being part of a talented apprenticeship community
• Collaborating with leading experts who are transforming how Vodafone provides its products and services
What are we looking for?
• Have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A-C / 4-9 or above (including Maths and English Language)
• Have completed your Level 3 studies (A-levels, BTEC Level 3 or Level 3 Apprenticeship) by September 2019
• Be eligible to work in the UK and will not be in full-time education by September 2019
• Have lived in the UK and/or EU for 3 years prior to September 2019
• Ideally a Level 3 qualification in an IT-related subject
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrate creativity, resilience and adaptability
• Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital
• Keen interest in Network Engineering; preference for demonstrable relatable experience of playing/ experimenting with Network projects or wider technology
OSS Cross Domain Lead - 262780 Location: Newbury HQSalary: £competitive + Bonus Is this role for you? As the OSS Cross Domain Lead you will be responsible for OSS end to end cross domain designs and
Contract Manager Location – Newbury What’s the role? You’ll be working on a UK Technology led, company wide programme, encompassing Vodafone Group companies. Its objective is to ensure that Vodafone
Vodafone Part Time Retail Sales Adviser in Glasgow Buchanan Street - With the launch of 5G and our unlimited data plans, there has never been a better time to join Vodafone's award winning team! We wa
£9.50ph + Uncapped Commission + Excellent Benefits! 24hr Retail Sales Adviser Inverness - Vodafone Partner Franchise store – Creating a dynamic sales experience and exceptional customer journey. Re
Location – Newbury What’s the role? To operate, support and maintain Vodafone UK Technology Operations major incidents and escalations. The candidate will be part of the team that actively manages
London, Greater London
Role Title: HR Business Partner Location: Paddington or Newbury Hiring Manager Name: Sandeep Jha Band: G At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisor
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Service Desk Advocate Salary: £20’000 + £2,000 annual bonus + excellent benefits Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week) Shifts between 7am and 9pm About the role Are you customer fo
Role Title: IoT Product ManagerLocation: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30
Job Title: Sales Operations Transformation Manager Manager: Sarah Elfaham Band: F Location: Newbury At Vodafone Business we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory
Role Title: IOT Business Development Manager Location: Homebased / The South At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency an
Financial Analyst - Newbury About the role Working within our Financial Operations Function reporting into the Senior Manager for Revenue & Margin. As part of this role you will partner with our inter