Level 6 Data Analytics Degree Apprenticeship (Newbury)
Start date: September 2019
Think you know Vodafone? Think again!
There has never been a more exciting time to get involved in technology! As a global technology leader, our products and services transform lives and businesses around the world every day. Whether it’s helping develop the smart cities of the future, transforming healthcare or enabling the development of entire economies in the emerging markets, we are helping to build the digital infrastructure of the future!
Did you know, we have been recognised in The Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for and The Times Top 50 Employers for Women in 2018? We’ve also been recognised by the Financial Times as having Ethnic Minority role models in 2018.
Our Data Analyst teams deliver our world leading global network within teams at the cutting edge of network health, adapting & evolving to changes with new technologies, and providing our global customers (both consumer and business) the very best digital experience. You could be supporting the engineering and delivery of voice & data services, helping constantly monitor the entire network, from mobile to fixed, and even the thousands of miles of deep-sea cable to detect any issues. The next few years at Vodafone are predicted to be even more thrilling than ever before, as networks become virtualized, predictive, self-adapting, and ever more intelligent.
So if you are blown away by the technology keeping networks connected across different countries 24/7 that enable people and business to change the world… then the Data Analyst degree apprenticeships is for you!
During your 4 year Data Analysting Digital & Technology Solutions Apprenticeship, you will undertake blended classroom and virtual based learning which could include modules such as ‘Understanding Systems Development, IP-Based Network Switching Systems, Business Strategy, Network Design & Troubleshooting, Cyber Security, Unified Communications, Software Defined Network’ and many more. Alongside your Vodafone role this will help you develop into a Data Analyst expert, role modelling our Vodafone Way Behaviours and able to, among other things…
• Plan, design, build and test a simple network to a requirement specification that includes hubs, switches, routers and wireless user devices, applying appropriate security products and processes.
• Identify the key characteristics of a new network service and develop estimates of the expected traffic intensity and traffic load that the network must support.
• Determine the minimum network capacity of planned networks to meet network requirements.
• Design, build, test, configure and optimise a distributed network, including switches, routers and firewalls to meet given requirements.
• Analyse network performance and troubleshoot typical problems in networks.
• Identify and evaluate network security risks and incorporate appropriate security products and processes into network designs to increase security, resilience and dependability..
On successful completion of the programme, you will gain a BSc (Hons) Degree in Digital & Technology Solutions, specialising in Data Analysting.
Your Data Analyst Role
Your role as a Data Analyst Apprentice will be a fundamental position within the wider Technology team, helping us implement our vision of the digital future. Working within an agile environment with networking engineering experts on select Vodafone Business accounts, your responsibilities could entail…
• Completing major communications installations within business customer premises and various substation environments
• Liaising with customer for fault resolution
• Troubleshoot and resolve faults. Complete network reports and analysis when required
• Work to customer billing milestones critical to project completions
• Working towards 2nd line support level capability on PDH, SDH & Radio Communications environment
• Building a structured approach to fault finding in complex networks
• Understanding of network management
• Service Design for Operational Telecoms systems including…
o Copper Cable Networks
o Fibre Optic Networks
o Digital Microwave Radio Systems
o High-bit-rate digital subscriber line (HDSL)
o Symmetric digital subscriber line (SDSL)
o IP Networks
o Production of design concept, drawings, specifications and other technical documents.
What’s in it for you
• Investment in your personal development with forward thinking digital learning
• Working for an industry leading company that spans across different countries around the world
• Having business exposure and projects from day one
• Being part of a talented apprenticeship community
• Collaborating with leading experts who are transforming how Vodafone provides its products and services
What are we looking for?
• Have achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade A-C / 4-9 (including Maths and English Language)
• Have completed your Level 3 studies (A-levels, BTEC Level 3 or Level 3 Apprenticeship) by September 2019
• Be eligible to work in the UK and will not be in full-time education by September 2019
• Have lived in the UK and/or EU for 3 years prior to September 2019
• Ideally a Level 3 qualification in an IT-related subject
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrate creativity, resilience and adaptability
• Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital
• Keen interest in Data Analysting; preference for demonstrable relatable experience of playing/ experimenting with Network projects or wider technology
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
Level 3 Field Engineer Apprentice Field Engineering (Advanced Apprenticeship) Applicants must live in the following post code areas: Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We
Start date: September 2019Location: NewburySalary: £21,500+ Application Closing Date: TBCThink you know Vodafone? Think again!There has never been a more exciting time to get involved in technology!
Data Analyst Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship How will you help build the future?! Vodafone have technology apprenticeship opportunities starting in September 2019! There has never been a more exci
Junior Sales Specialist - Level 3 Advanced ApprenticeshipStart date: September 2019Location: NewburySalary: £18,500 Think you know Vodafone? Think again!Here at Vodafone, we do amazing things to emp
Level 3 Business Administration Advanced Apprenticeship Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a hu
London, Greater London
Level 3 Apprentice Field Engineering (Advanced Apprenticeship) Applicants must live in the following postcode areas: N, EN1-5, EC, & WC Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We
Level 3 Field Engineer Apprentice Field Engineering (Advanced Apprenticeship) Applicants must live in the following areas: Inverness Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don
Software Engineering Degree Level ApprenticeStart date: September 2019Location: NewburySalary: £21,500Think you know Vodafone? Think again!There has never been a more exciting time to get involved in
Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship – Digital and Technology Solutions Location: NewburyOur Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship is a great opportunity to start your career by working in a role whilst studying an
Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship – Digital and Technology Solutions Location: LondonOur Level 6 Degree Apprenticeship is a great opportunity to start your career by working in a role whilst studying and