Role Title: Legal Counsel/Solicitor
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
The Technology & Outsourcing (“T & O”) legal team is one of a number of teams of lawyers within the Vodafone Group legal function based at Vodafone’s global head office in London. T & O works closely with the legal team supporting the Vodafone Procurement Company (“VPC”) in Luxembourg. Both T & O and VPC Legal form part of the wider Commercial Operations & Intellectual Property organisation within Group Legal which also includes lawyers and other professionals (such as patent attorneys) who support Vodafone Roaming Services, Vodafone partner markets, Vodafone consumer services and Vodafone’s hard and soft IPR portfolio.
Joining us as Legal Counsel/Solicitor, you can be part of our empowering Legal function. The future is exciting. Ready?
T & O’s customers include (inter alia):
- The commercial managers in the VPC responsible for the procurement of hardware, software, and IT professional services;
- HR, Finance, Operations, Technology and other Vodafone group stakeholders with an interest in contracts for the delivery of transformation programmes and major IT projects;
- VPC’s commercial contract management function which manages material disputes with IT suppliers (pre-litigation);
- Vodafone Group Tax on the structuring of intra-group arrangements which might have implications for transfer pricing or other tax consequences;
- Technology teams engaged in research and development, technology trials, product evaluation and collaboration arrangements with third parties;
- Vodafone Group Services Ltd generally in relation to its day-to-day procurement of products and services.
- Structure and draft contracts for the procurement of all categories of products and services but with a strong emphasis on hardware, software, IT professional services and outsourcing;
- Support commercial colleagues in the negotiation with suppliers and other third parties of complex transactions (including transformation programmes and outsourcings) to achieve contractual arrangements which accurately reflect the business requirements;
- Advise on technical legal issues which commonly arise in negotiations such as tax, TUPE, privacy, IPR and competition law but have the knowledge and sensitivity to recognise “red flags” and the limits of your competence so that our specialist teams can be engaged where appropriate;
- Provide the business with timely first class pragmatic legal support (in both transactional and contentious matters) by understanding the key commercial drivers and providing clear, practical and robust advice which facilitates business needs whilst mitigating key risks and challenges. Your objective should be to become a “trusted business advisor”;
- Provide the business with tools to allow it to undertake self-service activity without undue reliance on Group Legal (e.g. training, precedents, guidance notes, playbooks and toolkits) thereby enhancing efficiency across the legal function whilst at the same time limiting Vodafone’s exposure to legal risk;
- Work with the legal teams in local markets and their commercial customers to help achieve the alignment of Group and local market objectives.
Excellent benefits, flexible working hours and you will get to work with some of the most senior people in a 100,000 people global company and learn from working alongside some of the best experts in the industry, internal and external to Vodafone.
- Relevant legal education
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience in a commercial legal role dealing with complex matters
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience of leading the legal support on complex commercial agreements, projects or subsets of larger projects (desirable)
- Good commercial understanding and proven track record of delivery against tight timelines.
- Ability to present authoritatively to internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate protection of Vodafone’s interests, whilst concentrating on the issues that really matter.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to communicate with impact logical analysis, and commercial legal advice to senior audiences using a variety of communication styles.
- Influencing, bridging and negotiating skills (verbal and written).
- Good knowledge of relevant law and awareness of legal and commercial developments that may affect the Vodafone business.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/our-business/corporate/finance/
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/life-vodafone/?page=1#content
The future is exciting. Ready?
Legal Counsel – Commercial Legal Operations G Band Newbury HQ We have a great opportunity for someone to join our Legal team as a Commercial Legal Operations Counsel. Ready? Is this role for me? This
Legal Counsel Newbury HQ/Smale House (London) We’re on a journey here at Vodafone to stay ahead of the game. In our Legal team that means stepping outside of your comfort zone to continually own and d