We have a great opportunity for someone to join our Legal team as a Commercial Legal Operations Counsel. Ready?
Is this role for me?
This is a great opportunity if you for you to provide commercial legal advice on strategic procurement, technology and business development projects and a range of commercial contracts. This role will give you the opportunity to work with a wide range of key internal and external stakeholders.
What will I be doing?
This is busy role where you will get in involved in a wide range of activities, which is not limited to:
• Drafting and leading the negotiation of commercial agreements for the procurement of goods and services, carrier services, wholesale mobile services, outsourcings and IT, Networks and Business Development related projects involving Vodafone UK.
• Reviewing and participating in the negotiation of agreements for the procurement of goods and services etc. which impact and benefit Vodafone UK but which are being led by Vodafone’s group procurement functions e.g. Vodafone’s Luxembourg-based procurement company, the VPC.
• Legal support, contract drafting and negotiation for acquisitions or disposals involving the Vodafone UK business, and supporting Senior Counsel and paralegal with Vodafone UK Company Secretarial activity.
• Legal support, contract drafting and negotiation of inter-company agreements related to the team’s areas of responsibility.
• Providing legal advice, assistance and support (on both a proactive and reactive basis) to SCM, Technology, Terminals, Carrier Services, Wholesale, Business Development teams, in writing, orally, by presentations and in meetings.
• Providing legal advice, assistance and support (on both a proactive and reactive basis) to other members of the UK legal team on relevant legal issues.
Who are we looking for?
• University honours degree (second class or better).
• Solicitor with post-qualification experience practising in either private practice or in an in-house role. Any reference to PQE is a guide only, and any applicant who can demonstrate the required skill set will be considered regardless of PQE.
• Solid grounding in commercial law and a good level of general legal knowledge.
• Proficient drafting skills and able to draft standard commercial contracts, with ability to draft more complex contracts under supervision.
• Good negotiation and influencing skills and able to lead legal negotiations on standard commercial contracts and drive projects to successful completion.
• Able to act unsupervised on standard commercial contracts and under supervision on more complex matters.
• Sound commercial judgement.
• Able to advise internal customers confidently and effectively.
• Good decision making skills and ability to identify and communicate key risks to internal customers and UK legal management team.
• Excellent communication skills and able to deliver concise, clear, commercial and logical advice tailored to the audience.
• Able to effectively instruct outside counsel.
• Ability to build and maintain an exc ellent network of client contacts across the business.
If all of above sounds good to you - apply now!
Vodafone Way Behaviours:
ONE COMPANY, LOCAL ROOTS - We work across Vodafone to achieve the best outcome for customers, employees and shareholders.
CUSTOMER OBSESSED - We are passionate about exceeding customer expectations and bring the customer experience to every decision.
INNOVATION HUNGRY - We create and deliver new products, services and ways of working that delight our customers.
SPEED, SIMPLICITY & TRUST – We quickly seek simple solutions to problems and take pride in eliminating complexity.
AMBITIOUS & COMPETITIVE – We deliver the best in class
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Vodafone is committed to making reasonable adjustments for all candidates considered to have a disability during the recruitment assessment process. Should you meet the minimum criteria for the role you are applying to, we will contact you to discuss the reasonable adjustments that you may need.
Legal Counsel Newbury HQ/Smale House (London) We’re on a journey here at Vodafone to stay ahead of the game. In our Legal team that means stepping outside of your comfort zone to continually own and d