IT Systems Resilience Specialist – Business Continuity
Role: IT Systems Resilience Specialist – Business Continuity - 252266
Location: Newbury HQ
Salary: £Competitive + bonus and benefits
As part of the IT Risk and Business Continuity Management team you will be working with our internal and external service providers on the design, implementation and testing of systems resilience and geographic Disaster
Recovery (DR) capabilities for new critical applications while overseeing the regular testing of the existing critical applications in line with Group Policies. You will also play a key role in developing all aspects of the resilience framework for our ‘Always On’ IT strategy.
You will be required to:
- Lead the IT Resilience Framework that enables UK IT to respond to significant incidents and deploy DR / failover capabilities when necessary.
Oversee the planning and execution of periodic testing of those DR / failover capabilities.
- Provide consultation, and where necessary ‘hands-on’ support, for the development of appropriate recovery documentation, including test planning and reporting/recording test outcomes.
- Provide consultation on the mapping of data / business process flows onto IT to ensure that the consequences of these flows being interrupted and restarted are clearly accounted for in resilient designs and response and recovery procedures.
- Maintain the UK IT system resilience profile repository through collaboration with system owners and supporting third parties.
- Maintain the resilience / failover test strategy aligned to internal SLAs, industry standards and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Support the UK IT ‘Always On’ strategy by providing authoritative input on all aspects of IT Resilience, especially the validation of active environments without impacting our customers.
Skills / knowledge needed:
- A good understanding of systems / enterprise architecture.
- Knowledge of current infrastructure and systems / application high availability and DR capabilities.
- Ability to authoritatively influence the implementation and testing of “resilience by design” to support key customer journeys.
- Ability to play a leading role alongside Architecture and Domain Delivery teams in developing the validation framework for ‘Always On’ environments.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management - building effective working relationships across both management and technical layers.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills - able to inform, challenge, negotiate and influence both verbally and in writing, at all layers of reporting / management.
- Proven experience of analytical mapping of business processes, data flows and key customer journeys to the underpinning IT systems.
- Proven industry experience in defining systems resilience / DR requirements where system failure has huge ramifications; such as Telco, Financial, Utility or Aviation industries.
- Experience of systems resilience / DR in Enterprise class, multiple Data Centre configurations.
- Experience of defining IT test standards / strategies, implementing test frameworks and facilitating testing.
- Experience of working to ISO 22301:2012 and Technology Risk Management processes.
What’s in it for you?
In this dynamic, fast paced team you will be working on leading edge technologies in a constantly evolving environment. You will play a key part in the continued improvement of IT Resilience here at Vodafone and be part of a huge multi-million project.
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Job Title: Assure IP Network Specialist Location: Farnborough Your role:You will be a part of an Secure Services Assure team in a Network Management Centre looking after multiple networks, providing
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Architect for Service Management Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and
IT Operations Authority – 258086 Location – Newbury HQSalary - £Competitive + Bonus + Generous Benefits What’s the role? As an IT Operation Authority you will work within one of the most progressive
Role Title: Big Data Analytics Principal Engineer Location: Paddington, UK Our team: Digital Solutions lead to play a key role in Customer Experience Insights team for evolving the next generatio
Role Title: CERT Specialist Location: Brentford At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across
Role Title: Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consiste
Role Title: Project Implementation Manager Location: Newbury Cyber Security At Vodafone Global Cyber Security, we help our customers remain secure and resilient in a world of increasingly sophisti
Role Title: Principal Solution Architect Location: Newbury or Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
Solution Architect (Automation and Robotics) - 000000250661 Location – Newbury HQ Salary: £competitive + Bonus and excellent Benefits! What’s the role? As a Solution Architect you will work within th
London, Greater London
Role Title: Quality Assurance Manager - Cellular Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pi