IT Systems Resilience Specialist – Business Continuity
Role: IT Systems Resilience Specialist – Business Continuity - 252266
Location: Newbury HQ
Salary: £Competitive + bonus and benefits
As part of the IT Risk and Business Continuity Management team you will be working with our internal and external service providers on the design, implementation and testing of systems resilience and geographic Disaster
Recovery (DR) capabilities for new critical applications while overseeing the regular testing of the existing critical applications in line with Group Policies. You will also play a key role in developing all aspects of the resilience framework for our ‘Always On’ IT strategy.
You will be required to:
- Lead the IT Resilience Framework that enables UK IT to respond to significant incidents and deploy DR / failover capabilities when necessary.
Oversee the planning and execution of periodic testing of those DR / failover capabilities.
- Provide consultation, and where necessary ‘hands-on’ support, for the development of appropriate recovery documentation, including test planning and reporting/recording test outcomes.
- Provide consultation on the mapping of data / business process flows onto IT to ensure that the consequences of these flows being interrupted and restarted are clearly accounted for in resilient designs and response and recovery procedures.
- Maintain the UK IT system resilience profile repository through collaboration with system owners and supporting third parties.
- Maintain the resilience / failover test strategy aligned to internal SLAs, industry standards and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Support the UK IT ‘Always On’ strategy by providing authoritative input on all aspects of IT Resilience, especially the validation of active environments without impacting our customers.
Skills / knowledge needed:
- A good understanding of systems / enterprise architecture.
- Knowledge of current infrastructure and systems / application high availability and DR capabilities.
- Ability to authoritatively influence the implementation and testing of “resilience by design” to support key customer journeys.
- Ability to play a leading role alongside Architecture and Domain Delivery teams in developing the validation framework for ‘Always On’ environments.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management - building effective working relationships across both management and technical layers.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills - able to inform, challenge, negotiate and influence both verbally and in writing, at all layers of reporting / management.
- Proven experience of analytical mapping of business processes, data flows and key customer journeys to the underpinning IT systems.
- Proven industry experience in defining systems resilience / DR requirements where system failure has huge ramifications; such as Telco, Financial, Utility or Aviation industries.
- Experience of systems resilience / DR in Enterprise class, multiple Data Centre configurations.
- Experience of defining IT test standards / strategies, implementing test frameworks and facilitating testing.
- Experience of working to ISO 22301:2012 and Technology Risk Management processes.
What’s in it for you?
In this dynamic, fast paced team you will be working on leading edge technologies in a constantly evolving environment. You will play a key part in the continued improvement of IT Resilience here at Vodafone and be part of a huge multi-million project.
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
ITIL Process Specialist Location – Newbury £ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer Is this role for you? This role is to work across the IT Operations Control team providing stakeholder manag
Solution Architect – 259810 Location – Newbury HQ Band – G What’s the role? Vodafone’s Enterprise IT delivery team is responsible and accountable for the continuous development and evolution of
Role Title: Business Relationship ManagerLocation: Newbury Babbage House As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping h
Role title: MVNO Senior Architect Location: Farnborough Successful applicants must be able to obtain and maintain DV clearance. Get Ready. Joining Vodafone Secure Services offers you the unique o
Role Title: Service Delivery Manager Location: UK - Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excelle
Cyber Solutions Architect Vodafone Secure Sector Farnborough Must be able to obtain DV / SC clearance Get Ready. Joining our Vodafone Secure Sector (VSS) offers you the unique opportunity to be heavi
Role Title: Principal Solution Architect Location: Newbury or Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
London, Greater London
Role: Frontend Software Developer (Android) - Internet of Things (Consumer) Location: London/Dusseldorf/Berlin Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V b
Solution Architect (Telco Billing Solutions) Location: Newbury HQ Competitive salaries and benefits High calibre Billing Domain Designer with Technical Oracle BRM knowledge and Telco BSS experience?
London, Greater London
Role Title: Quality Assurance Manager - Cellular Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pi
London, Greater London
Software Development Job FamilySenior Digital Manager – Product EngineeringLondon Competitive Salary, Benefits A fantastic and unique opportunity has arisen in our new Digital hub based in central Lon