IT Systems Resilience Specialist – Business Continuity
Role: IT Systems Resilience Specialist – Business Continuity - 252266
Location: Newbury HQ
Salary: £Competitive + bonus and benefits
As part of the IT Risk and Business Continuity Management team you will be working with our internal and external service providers on the design, implementation and testing of systems resilience and geographic Disaster
Recovery (DR) capabilities for new critical applications while overseeing the regular testing of the existing critical applications in line with Group Policies. You will also play a key role in developing all aspects of the resilience framework for our ‘Always On’ IT strategy.
You will be required to:
- Lead the IT Resilience Framework that enables UK IT to respond to significant incidents and deploy DR / failover capabilities when necessary.
Oversee the planning and execution of periodic testing of those DR / failover capabilities.
- Provide consultation, and where necessary ‘hands-on’ support, for the development of appropriate recovery documentation, including test planning and reporting/recording test outcomes.
- Provide consultation on the mapping of data / business process flows onto IT to ensure that the consequences of these flows being interrupted and restarted are clearly accounted for in resilient designs and response and recovery procedures.
- Maintain the UK IT system resilience profile repository through collaboration with system owners and supporting third parties.
- Maintain the resilience / failover test strategy aligned to internal SLAs, industry standards and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Support the UK IT ‘Always On’ strategy by providing authoritative input on all aspects of IT Resilience, especially the validation of active environments without impacting our customers.
Skills / knowledge needed:
- A good understanding of systems / enterprise architecture.
- Knowledge of current infrastructure and systems / application high availability and DR capabilities.
- Ability to authoritatively influence the implementation and testing of “resilience by design” to support key customer journeys.
- Ability to play a leading role alongside Architecture and Domain Delivery teams in developing the validation framework for ‘Always On’ environments.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management - building effective working relationships across both management and technical layers.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills - able to inform, challenge, negotiate and influence both verbally and in writing, at all layers of reporting / management.
- Proven experience of analytical mapping of business processes, data flows and key customer journeys to the underpinning IT systems.
- Proven industry experience in defining systems resilience / DR requirements where system failure has huge ramifications; such as Telco, Financial, Utility or Aviation industries.
- Experience of systems resilience / DR in Enterprise class, multiple Data Centre configurations.
- Experience of defining IT test standards / strategies, implementing test frameworks and facilitating testing.
- Experience of working to ISO 22301:2012 and Technology Risk Management processes.
What’s in it for you?
In this dynamic, fast paced team you will be working on leading edge technologies in a constantly evolving environment. You will play a key part in the continued improvement of IT Resilience here at Vodafone and be part of a huge multi-million project.
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Description Principal Energy Systems and Services Location: Paddington (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that
Description IMS IoT Sr. Design Engineer Location: Newbury Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. At Vodafone Group, we partner with our local markets to drive consistency and earn
Location: Newbury, UK Role description: The role owner develops and integrates interfaces and customizations for OfficeIT-Infrastructure services. It encompasses the Microsoft Active Directory and Clo
Description The service portfolio of the Submarine Cable landing stations team is at the canter of Vodafone international strategy and portfolio services. Cable landing stations team is responsible fo
Description -To develop and deliver Networks as a Platform (NaaP) Software Solutions according to Vodafone NaaP Strategy -Create standard APIs and network capabilities that have a high degree of re-u
Climbing Engineer Location: M3 Corridor Salary: Competitive + Allowances + Vehicle + Benefits Hours: 37.5 COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promot
BRM Platform Engineer Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) Salary: Excellent Salary and Benefits Hours: 37.5 COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have
3rd Line Networks Technical Manager Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) Salary: Competitive Hours: 37.5 COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have impleme
SOC Analyst (shift) Location: Farnborough The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain DV level security clearance. COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implem
Description Role title: IoT IT Architect Location: Newbury Role purpose: The Vodafone Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio is designed specifically to meet the needs of new and evolving businesses growi