IT Resilience Specialist – Business Continuity
Role: Resilience Specialist – Business Continuity - 252266
Location: Newbury HQ
Salary: £Competitive + bonus and benefits
As part of the IT Risk and Business Continuity Management team, you will be responsible for operating the UK IT Resilience Framework. Your remit will include working with our internal and external service providers on the design, implementation and testing of systems resilience and Geographic DR capability for new critical applications and overseeing the schedule of regular testing for the existing applications in line with Group Policies. You will also play a key role in progressing our ‘Always On’ IT strategy.
You will be required to:
- Lead the IT Resilience Framework that enables UK IT to respond to significant incidents and deploy disaster recovery / failover when necessary.
- Oversee the planning and execution of periodic end-to-end resilience / failover / Disaster Recovery (DR) testing.
- Provide consultation and where necessary ‘hands-on’ support for the development of team level Business Continuity documentation and systems level Recovery documentation (including planning and reporting/recording test outcomes).
- Maintain the UK IT system resilience profile repository through collaboration with system owners and third parties.
- Maintain the systems resilience / failover test strategy aligned to internal SLAs, industry standards and compliance requirements.
- Support the UK IT ‘Always On’ strategy by providing authoritative IT Resilience input on the IT systems resilience capabilities required to support the business and deliver validation of active:active environments without impact to our customers.
- Proven industry experience in defining systems resilience / DR.
- requirements where platform failure has huge ramifications; such as Telco, Financial, Utility or Aviation industry.
- Experience of systems resilience / DR in Enterprise class multiple Data Centre configurations.
- Proven experience of mapping IT systems to business process / data flows and key customer journeys.
- Experience of defining IT test standards / strategies, implementing test frameworks and facilitating testing.
- Experience of working to ISO 22301:2012 and Technology Risk Management processes.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management - Building effective working relationships across management and technical layers.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills; able to inform, challenge, negotiate and influence both verbally and in writing, at all layers of reporting / management.
What’s in it for you?
In this dynamic, fast paced team you will be working on leading edge technologies in a constantly evolving environment. You will play a key part in the continued improvement of IT Resilience here at Vodafone and be part of a huge multi-million project.
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Senior Technology Operations ManagerLocation – Newbury What’s the role? Reporting directly in to the Head of Tech Ops, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technology leader to join the
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Architect Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acros
Level 3 Field Technician Non-Youth Apprentice Unified Communications Technician (Advanced Apprenticeship) Locations include Bracknell & High Wycombe areas Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what w
Role Title: IoT Connectivity Product Manager Role Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer
Role Title: Penetration Testing Specialist Location: Brentford At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and custom
Role Title: Principal Satellite Engineer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excel
Role Title: Technical Product Owner Location: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of
Fibre Planning Engineer Location - Newbury Build the Network, Build your future! As a Networks Engineer within Fibre Services you will engaged in the fundamental and detailed planning of the Vodafone
Project CoordinatorNewbury As you might imagine, technology is very much at the heart of Vodafone – without it, there wouldn't be a business. But here's the thing. We don't just develop new and innov
Role Title Infrastructure and Integration Engineer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and custo
Delivery Coordinator – Fixed Services Newbury As a Delivery Coordinator you will be responsible for delivering the best possible service experience that exceeds expectations throughout the order deli