IT Release Manager
IT Release Manager - Newbury
£55k – 70k + excellent benefits
Release Manager / IT Release Management / Project Management / IT Delivery
Technology at Vodafone
Millions of people interact with Vodafone Technology every day without even realising it. Our products deliver many essential services that critical to the lives of many different people. We connect all sorts of businesses including banks, shops and the media to and critical services such as the emergency services. Our technology and network is the backbone to everything we deliver and without it we wouldn’t have a business. That’s why we’re investing heavily in it and we need talented people to help us deliver the next wave of innovation.
About the role
Your position as IT Release Manager will govern the release process working with diverse teams who drive our delivery success. You need to have experience managing outsourced partners both onshore and offshore and enjoy that diverse challenge.
Release Management is central to the way we deliver IT and is one of the most exciting transformations at Vodafone today. This role enables you to deliver huge benefits to the world's leading mobile communications company.
You'll think "big picture" and continue to transform Release Management into something that will be a best in class framework of delivery for our products and services. You'll use your experience gained in a large commercial organisation to inspire, influence, get people on board and lead change especially with our senior management and executive community.
- Support the delivery of IT projects and programmes for a specified IT Release through the application of the Release Management Framework.
- Manage relationships with partners, internal and external stakeholders to successful implementation of the specified Release and contribute to the evolution of the
- Release Management Framework
- Act as a point of escalation for all Release Management activities related to the specified Release.
- Own the Critical Success Levels for the specified Release (CSL's) - monitoring critical success levels and quality measures, reporting where decisions will impact our ability to achieve the targets
- Provide reports on key Release Management plans, metrics, risks and issues, own the regular management reporting for the specified Release and drive continuous improvement
Key Skills and Experience
- Proven experience as an IT Release Manager
- Expertise in Project Management / Programme Management - end to end delivery of large scale and transformational projects
- Strong IT and Release Management knowledge and experience
- Excellent dependency management and risk management skills
- Experience of managing off-shore partner engagements
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - ability to lead teams across multi-functional boundaries
- Manage customer relationships, their expectations (and define acceptance criteria), to understand requirements of business and customer to ensure they are translated into technical delivery
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Agile Transformation
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Role Title: Enterprise ArchitectLocation: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the co
Role Title – Cloud Commercial Manager Location – Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellenc
Information Security Specialist Newbury An excellent opportunity for an information security specialist to develop and manage solutions to ensure the security of electronic and paper based data th
Role Title: MDM Software Engineer Location: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of th
Role Title: Location: Baird House, Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 count
Lead Automation Engineer Newbury Competitive salary + excellent benefits Interested in automation & digitalisation and how you can use this to transform todays workplace? As an Automation Engineer you
London, Greater London
Solution Design AuthorityLondon Smale House The purpose of this role is to provide bespoke, detailed customer designs and technical ownership to the businesses high profile accounts through the util
PEGA DeveloperNewbury / BracknellCompetitive salary + excellent benefits Automating work processes & developing the business for the future. Developers work collaboratively in scrum teams of between 5
Field Engineer Location- Scotland (25%- 30% travel time) Whats the role? This is a great opportunity to join a core team within Vodafone to provide a professional Field Engineering service for a spe
Role Title: Engagement Manager Location: Newbury Vodafone Group Business partners with large multi-national organisations to find better ways of working through our total communications solutions. W
Role Title: IDAM Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 cou