IT Operations Specialist
Application Support Specialist (TSS) - 248104
Location – Newbury
Salary - Competitive + Bonus and Benefits
What’s the role?
As a Technical Service Specialist you will work within one of the most progressive areas of our Vodafone. In this role, you will work as an extension of the specialist offshore team based in Newbury. As Technical Service Specialist you will work closely with the stakeholders within an agile environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for the support, deployment, update release, scripting of Automation based applications. You will be the subject matter expert for all matters relating to this application. We are open to considering forward thinking professionals that have a core skillset with Application support, who now want to now upskill in Automation Technologies.
In addition, you will be required to:
- Applications deployment, Support and monitoring.
- Extensive use and knowledge of automation tools not limited to: Splunk, AppDynamics, UiPath, BluePrism HP BSM etc (Highly Beneficial).
- Ability to script in PowerShell, Python etc (Highly Desirable).
- Make suggestions for automation enhancements.
- A foundation skillset in application support with an interest in Python, Shell, Perl, Ruby, Splunk, AppDynamics, HP BSM.
- IT Applications deployment, Support and Monitoring knowledge.
- Understanding of PowerShell, Python for scripting.
- Make recommendation and decisions on the application changes.
- Trained & certified ITIL professional (Highly Desirable).
What’s in it for you?
In this dynamic, fast paced team you will be working on leading edge technologies in a constantly evolving environment. You will play a key part in the planned decommissioning and new deployment programmes. This is an opportunity to join an area of our business that will experience substantial growth.
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!