IT Operations Project Manager
IT Operations Project Manager - 249360
Location – Newbury HQ
salary; £Competitive + Bonus & benefits
What’s the role?
Operational excellence is one of the principle goals of Vodafone UK IT and this is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in making that successful. This role will enable you to shape how we deliver operational ‘silence’, specifically for IT projects being delivered and transitioned into IT Operations to run. You will be the primary contact for Operational Readiness and Project Managers to ensure that we continue to strive for operational perfection and continual improvement.
In this role, you will essentially be the SME and gatekeeper for all Operations relating to IT.
In addition, you will be required to:
- Understand the elements within Integration Operations, and translate into business services.
- Ensure the right set of operational requirements for projects are developed and subsequently used, in order to improve operational quality.
- Be recognised as operational stakeholder within Integration Operations, manage cross-IT activities for network & infrastructure to improve service.
- Lead continual service improvement activities as appropriate.
- Sponsor of change requests within your area to ensure that all delivers are operationally silent when delivered.
- Understand and input into budgeting cycle of operational costs.
- Previous experience in an IT Operations role.
- Proven ability to influence, negotiate, and persuade internal and external customers at all levels.
- Proven experience in a fast-paced complex Operational environment.
- Awareness of Project Delivery techniques, methodologies and financial governance.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and work flexibly within a diverse environment.
- ITIL Foundation, Prince2, Agile foundation or equivalent experience (Highly desirable).
- Experience of Automation transformation projects (Highly desirable).
What’s in it for you?
In this dynamic, fast paced team you will be working on leading edge technologies in a constantly evolving environment. You will work with a progressive area of our business offering career development and progression.
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment, which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Demand & Governance Specialist – (Network Partnership team) Location – Newbury About the role A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the Strategic Partnership team to track and report on Vodaf
Role Title: Analytics & Data Insight (Data Science) Location: Paddington, UK The role will be a key position within Customer Experience Insights team. It will help to Identify new analytics trends
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Architect Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acros
Mobile Network Defence Analyst Vodafone Secure Sector Farnborough Must be able to obtain DV / SC clearance Get Ready. Joining our Vodafone Secure Sector (VSS) offers you the unique opportunity to be
Role Title: CoE Finance Analyst (IFRS) Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellenc
Role Title: DevOps Engineering Lead Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellen
Role Title: Senior Manager, Control Testing & Assurance Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
London, Greater London
Role Title: Software Development Team Lead Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer
London, Greater London
Role Title: Integration and Data Lead - Internet of Things (Consumer) Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created
Project CoordinatorNewbury As you might imagine, technology is very much at the heart of Vodafone – without it, there wouldn't be a business. But here's the thing. We don't just develop new and innov
Role Title: Digital Technical Lead Location: Newbury Our Team: The Enterprise IT Solutions Architecture department caters to IT needs of vertical business units in Vodafone Group Enterpri