IT Operations Project Manager
IT Operations Project Manager - 249360
Location – Newbury HQ
salary; £Competitive + Bonus & benefits
What’s the role?
Operational excellence is one of the principle goals of Vodafone UK IT and this is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in making that successful. This role will enable you to shape how we deliver operational ‘silence’, specifically for IT projects being delivered and transitioned into IT Operations to run. You will be the primary contact for Operational Readiness and Project Managers to ensure that we continue to strive for operational perfection and continual improvement.
In this role, you will essentially be the SME and gatekeeper for all Operations relating to IT.
In addition, you will be required to:
- Understand the elements within Integration Operations, and translate into business services.
- Ensure the right set of operational requirements for projects are developed and subsequently used, in order to improve operational quality.
- Be recognised as operational stakeholder within Integration Operations, manage cross-IT activities for network & infrastructure to improve service.
- Lead continual service improvement activities as appropriate.
- Sponsor of change requests within your area to ensure that all delivers are operationally silent when delivered.
- Understand and input into budgeting cycle of operational costs.
- Previous experience in an IT Operations role.
- Proven ability to influence, negotiate, and persuade internal and external customers at all levels.
- Proven experience in a fast-paced complex Operational environment.
- Awareness of Project Delivery techniques, methodologies and financial governance.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and work flexibly within a diverse environment.
- ITIL Foundation, Prince2, Agile foundation or equivalent experience (Highly desirable).
- Experience of Automation transformation projects (Highly desirable).
What’s in it for you?
In this dynamic, fast paced team you will be working on leading edge technologies in a constantly evolving environment. You will work with a progressive area of our business offering career development and progression.
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment, which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Role Title: Coe Oracle Solution Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellenc
Role Title: Infosecurity Specialist Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence a
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Customer Project ManagerManchester basedPermanent Are you an experienced Project Manager seeking a new opportunity? As a Project Manager you will be responsible for delivering large complex projects
London, Greater London
Role Title: Data Scientist - Internet of Things (Consumer) Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years
Field Technician Field based – North East LondonReporting into Gavin Whitbread Are you ready to join our Field Engineering team? In this role you will play an integral part of the team, installing and
Job title: Big Data Engineer Location: Newbury Your Role The Big Data Engineer provides expert guidance and delivers through self and others to source and integrate structured and unstructured data
Role Title: BSS & Integration Enterprise Architecture Senior Manager, Principal Architect Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisor
Service Management & Reporting Specialist Location – NewburyPermanent - Part time role (3 Days per week) About the role Vodafone has a long standing contractual obligation to manage and operate Nat
Role Title: Cloud Platform Engineer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence
Role Title: Business Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30