IT Operations Authority (Business Support Systems)
IT Operations Authority – 258086
Location – Newbury HQ
Salary - £Competitive + Bonus + Generous Benefits
What’s the role?
As an IT Operation Authority you will work within one of the most progressive areas of Vodafone. In this role you will work within a dynamic team of 9 Operations Authorities based in Newbury. The IT Operations Authority will be accountable for the stability and performance of the provisioning systems and platform, including management of a team of third party technology professionals.
This role requires detailed understanding of the relevant applications stack (BSS), architecture, and support environment, coupled with an understanding of the ITIL support model and processes to ensure a strong interlock with the other teams within IT Operations to drive improvements through innovation, best practice techniques, and collaboration.
In this role you will be the owner of the IT solutions for the complex business area, covering many areas of responsibilities. You will be required to work as part of an ‘on-call’ rota of 1 week in 6, this is suitability compensated.
In addition, you will be required to:
- To analyse, report and investigate service performance metrics, in order to measure service support quality and recommend improvements.
- To ensure that UK IT Operations meet the business needs of stakeholders.
- To manage internal and external reviews with local business areas, Group Technology and external vendors where required.
- Leadership and teamwork qualities to energise the team to drive integrated end to end improvements in service.
- Innovation in generating new ideas and solutions to enhance the IT experience for the business, using tools and processes to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Work with the business and peer IT managers to prioritise and deliver added value for increased business benefits.
- Proficient experience or Critical BSS applications – such as Amdoc or Similar.
- Excellent leadership, planning and organisation skills.
- Knowledge of, or experience in implementing, ITIL processes and procedures.
- An understanding of the telecommunications and IT services and the technologies used to deliver these services.
- Experience of effectively managing 3rd party suppliers (including off-shore).
- Experience of operational delivery.
- Ability to work across the organisation and liaise with people in other functions collaboratively.
- Flexible with the ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment.
- Able to work at speed across multiple data sources without loss of accuracy.
- Knowledge of technology and technical environments.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills, capability to deliver difficult messages and decisions.
- Ability to build consensus across diverse groups (customers/suppliers, onshore/offshore).
- Ability to explain complex issues in simple, customer-centric language.
- Ability to discern key issues and develop insights from a wide range of data and inputs.
- Experience of running a live operational teams and virtual teams is essential.
What’s in it for you?
This an opportunity to work as part of a senior team, fulfilling a business relation orientated role. You will be able to nurture your business experience while continuously improving a critical business area of Vodafone.
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Job Title: Assure IP Network Specialist Location: Farnborough Your role:You will be a part of an Secure Services Assure team in a Network Management Centre looking after multiple networks, providing
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Architect for Service Management Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and
Role Title: Big Data Analytics Principal Engineer Location: Paddington, UK Our team: Digital Solutions lead to play a key role in Customer Experience Insights team for evolving the next generatio
Role Title: CERT Specialist Location: Brentford At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across
Role Title: Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consiste
Role Title: Project Implementation Manager Location: Newbury Cyber Security At Vodafone Global Cyber Security, we help our customers remain secure and resilient in a world of increasingly sophisti
Role Title: Principal Solution Architect Location: Newbury or Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and c
Solution Architect (Automation and Robotics) - 000000250661 Location – Newbury HQ Salary: £competitive + Bonus and excellent Benefits! What’s the role? As a Solution Architect you will work within th
London, Greater London
Role Title: Quality Assurance Manager - Cellular Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pi