IP Network Specialist
Job Title: IP Network Specialist
Business Area: Vodafone Secure Sector
Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain DV level security clearance
About Vodafone Secure Sector
Get Ready. Joining our Secure Sector team offers you the unique opportunity to be heavily embedded in providing world-class Secure Solutions for our Enterprise clients. As we strive to keep ourselves ahead of the game, and the threats, you will lead the way in Telecommunications and work with the latest technologies. We invite you to be part of this.
As the IP Network Specialist you will provide expert technical services for a range of IP networks across multiple vendors and platforms.
Your Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
· Design of core customer IP Networks covering Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Network security as well as encryption overlay
· Process detailed customer design documentation, equipment configuration information, technical as built documentation & type approval of new hardware
· Provide consultancy to customers and other areas of the business, representing the Department at internal, customer and supplier technical meetings
· Provide technical support to department and to Customers; make recommendations on complex technical matters. Suggesting technical improvements to processes, devise and implement corrective actions where problems arise
You will have an depth understanding of IP Addressing/Subnetting, MPLS, HSRP, BGP, ACL’s, QoS, NAT, Route mapping, IPVPN, IPSEC
· Design and delivery of network solutions involving Router/Switches/Firewall/Encryption
· Working on multiple IL networks
· A clear and analytical approach to problem management
· Knowledge of High grade Encryption technologies and their implementation within a managed IP network
· Use of Network management systems
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
•Professional qualification CCNA, CCNP
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them.
Vodafone is committed to making reasonable adjustments for all candidates considered to have a disability during the recruitment assessment process. Should you meet the minimum criteria for the role you are applying to, we will contact you to discuss the reasonable adjustments that you may need.