Integration Technical Architect
Integration Technical Architect
Location: Newbury HQ
Hiring Manager: Santosh Menon
Is this role for you?
The Integration Technical Architect will work as a key member of the Vodafone UK IT Integration Domain, reporting to the Integration Domain Lead. The Integration technical Architect will lead review on architectural overview, high level and low level designs for SOA Services. Technical Architect will define, guide and review API Service security policies, review technical solution, technical governance and assurances with technical lead or API developers, delivered by colleagues in 3rd party delivery teams.
The Integration Technical Architect will prepare and maintain technical architecture, guidance and review for an assigned area of the Integration tool suite, ensuring that the technical deliverables can run efficiently and effectively in accordance with the strategic direction set by the Integration Domain Architect.
What will you be doing?
The Integration Technical Architect will be a trusted technical leader within the Domain and will be consulted regularly on Integration Platform tools, API Management and SOA and Integration best practice. The Integration Technical Architect will contribute to the overall Integration Domain strategy, design and development guidelines and software engineering standards. Together with other team colleagues, the Technical Architect will work to continuously improve quality, value and time to market for all Domain deliverables. Preferable to have good understanding on architecture frameworks like TOGAF, etc.
What experience are Vodafone looking for?
- Practical experience as a successful software engineering architect, preferably within an API management or SOA and Integration practice.
- Experience of either TIBCO and technical architecture tools like EA and development patterns.
- Ability to communicate effectively within a large technical practice. Experience of working successfully with external delivery teams is highly desirable.
- Technical understanding of API management and SOA & Integration design and development, preferably on TIBCO or Oracle FMW applications.
- Good experience of software architecture and of effective delivery throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Good understanding of how to minimise technical risks in software architecture and design and how to design successfully for both functional and non-functional requirements.
- We are keen to speak with individuals who have working expertise as a software engineer and design. An firm understanding of Integration architecture, preferably with experience of API Management and of TIBCO or Oracle FMW integration tools. Proficient in preparing and reviewing technical solution designs, ability to closely collaborate with system engineers ensuring solutions are developed to expectations and best practice and fit for purpose in production.
What’s in it for you?
In this dynamic, fast-paced team, you will be working on leading edge technologies in a constantly evolving environment. This role places a lot of emphasis on improve the journey at Vodafone for the customer. This opportunity offers huge exposure to the overall business, exciting projects and genuine career progression.
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University & Linkedin Learning
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.