Infrastructure Design Engineer
Role Title: Infrastructure Design Engineer: Network, Virtualization and Cloud
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
- Contribute to UC Platform Network and Cloud strategy definition and delivery.
- Provide low level design, installation, configuration and optimization for the core platform in lab and production according to agreed plan, working effectively with other teams as required. This will include VMware, Cisco UCS, EMC storage, Windows and Linux.
- Ensure the HCS compute environment is compliant with security policies of Group Technology Security and of customer organisations
- Provide the 3rd line support, mentoring and troubleshooting to second line support.
- Experience in design and deployment of large computing and networking infrastructure with knowledge in:
- Cisco UCS.
- VMware vSphere 5 and 6.
- EMC Storage
- Windows and Linux Administration (RHEL).
- DB admin (e.g. SQL)
- Scripting experience.
- Cloud service providers’ solution Amazon AWS. Other vendors’ desirable (Microsoft Azure, Google CPS)
- Network: Cisco Nexus, firewalls (ASA, Firepowers), Fibre interconnect, virtual switches. Juniper network devices desirable. Software-defined network technologies desirable.
- Desirable experience with microservices and container (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker) technologies.
- Belief in Infrastructure as Code and Automation, hands on experience. Adept with DevOps tools including – JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Nexus, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins.
- Effective at communicating technical information both in detail to fellow engineers and also to summarise at a high-level and put
- Virtualization Technologies vMware certifications (VCP).
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE Data Center. Cisco CCNA or CCNP Routing and switching.
- Operating systems administration: RedHat Enterprise certification.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect and AWS Certified Developer. AWS Certified Advanced Networking desired. AWS Certified Security desired.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on email@example.com
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology /
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Technology Operations ManagerLocation – Newbury What’s the role? Reporting directly in to the Head of Tech Ops, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Technology leader to join the
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Architect Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acros
Level 3 Field Technician Non-Youth Apprentice Unified Communications Technician (Advanced Apprenticeship) Locations include Bracknell & High Wycombe areas Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what w
Role Title: IoT Connectivity Product Manager Role Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer
Role Title: Penetration Testing Specialist Location: Brentford At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and custom
Role Title: Principal Satellite Engineer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excel
Role Title: Technical Product Owner Location: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of
Fibre Planning Engineer Location - Newbury Build the Network, Build your future! As a Networks Engineer within Fibre Services you will engaged in the fundamental and detailed planning of the Vodafone
Project CoordinatorNewbury As you might imagine, technology is very much at the heart of Vodafone – without it, there wouldn't be a business. But here's the thing. We don't just develop new and innov
Role Title Infrastructure and Integration Engineer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and custo
Delivery Coordinator – Fixed Services Newbury As a Delivery Coordinator you will be responsible for delivering the best possible service experience that exceeds expectations throughout the order deli