Infrastructure Design Engineer
Role Title: Infrastructure Design Engineer: Network, Virtualization and Cloud
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
- Contribute to UC Platform Network and Cloud strategy definition and delivery.
- Provide low level design, installation, configuration and optimization for the core platform in lab and production according to agreed plan, working effectively with other teams as required. This will include VMware, Cisco UCS, EMC storage, Windows and Linux.
- Ensure the HCS compute environment is compliant with security policies of Group Technology Security and of customer organisations
- Provide the 3rd line support, mentoring and troubleshooting to second line support.
- Experience in design and deployment of large computing and networking infrastructure with knowledge in:
- Cisco UCS.
- VMware vSphere 5 and 6.
- EMC Storage
- Windows and Linux Administration (RHEL).
- DB admin (e.g. SQL)
- Scripting experience.
- Cloud service providers’ solution Amazon AWS. Other vendors’ desirable (Microsoft Azure, Google CPS)
- Network: Cisco Nexus, firewalls (ASA, Firepowers), Fibre interconnect, virtual switches. Juniper network devices desirable. Software-defined network technologies desirable.
- Desirable experience with microservices and container (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker) technologies.
- Belief in Infrastructure as Code and Automation, hands on experience. Adept with DevOps tools including – JIRA, Confluence, GIT, Nexus, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins.
- Effective at communicating technical information both in detail to fellow engineers and also to summarise at a high-level and put
- Virtualization Technologies vMware certifications (VCP).
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE Data Center. Cisco CCNA or CCNP Routing and switching.
- Operating systems administration: RedHat Enterprise certification.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect and AWS Certified Developer. AWS Certified Advanced Networking desired. AWS Certified Security desired.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology /
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
Role Title: Enterprise ArchitectLocation: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the co
Role Title – Cloud Commercial Manager Location – Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellenc
Information Security Specialist Newbury An excellent opportunity for an information security specialist to develop and manage solutions to ensure the security of electronic and paper based data th
Role Title: MDM Software Engineer Location: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of th
Role Title: Location: Baird House, Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 count
Lead Automation Engineer Newbury Competitive salary + excellent benefits Interested in automation & digitalisation and how you can use this to transform todays workplace? As an Automation Engineer you
London, Greater London
Solution Design AuthorityLondon Smale House The purpose of this role is to provide bespoke, detailed customer designs and technical ownership to the businesses high profile accounts through the util
PEGA DeveloperNewbury / BracknellCompetitive salary + excellent benefits Automating work processes & developing the business for the future. Developers work collaboratively in scrum teams of between 5
Field Engineer Location- Scotland (25%- 30% travel time) Whats the role? This is a great opportunity to join a core team within Vodafone to provide a professional Field Engineering service for a spe
Role Title: Engagement Manager Location: Newbury Vodafone Group Business partners with large multi-national organisations to find better ways of working through our total communications solutions. W
Role Title: IDAM Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 cou