Information Security Governance Manager
Information Security Governance Manager - London
About the role
Corporate Security is a highly effective telecommunications fraud and security department, comprising disparate specialist skills ranging from information security specialists to product security experts and from fully qualified crime investigators to network fraud analysts.
This role offers an exciting challenge for someone with a background in information security/data protection to work closely with a variety of teams working on delivering new digital projects. You will get lots of opportunities to work using agile development methodologies and will be playing a key supporting role across a number of sprints to ensure that security and privacy requirements are considered as part of the decisions taken about how to develop new capabilities for our customers to use new technologies and to improve the experience our customers have when they need additional support.
You will be based in a dynamic and engaging working environment in London, providing a unique workplace which effectively supports the fast paced decision making and design evolution required to quickly transform problems into solutions or develop new cutting edge products. You will be supported by a variety of subject matter experts based in our HQ, who can provide expertise across a range of topics covering information security and data protection. You will play an essential role to ensure that the right resources are utilised to ensure that the tribes and squads involved in agile development receive the best guidance on security and privacy issues.
- Assess and manage threats to Vodafone UK information assets by establishing effective working relationships with information security and privacy specialists to enable the continued development and improvement of information security assurance across the business.
- Engage with agile tribes, squads and sprints as a single point of contact (Corporate Security Reference Person) to provide input and guidance to ensure the appropriate security controls and privacy protections are implemented to protect Vodafone systems and sensitive and customer data.
- Identify situations where agile tribes/squads require intensive specialist support from information security or privacy experts, and facilitate the appropriate level of engagement and participation in related sprints to ensure that the right expert guidance can be provided in a timely manner.
- Provide support to Tribe leads and Squads to ensure that security and privacy support requirements are identified as early as possible in the planning process by participating in meetings with agile delivery teams as required.
- Engage with agile development teams to ensure that security risks and issues are considered as part of the delivery of new Digital projects.
- Improve the effectiveness of interactions between Squads and Corporate Security by providing a single point of contact for requests related to Corporate Security and Privacy topics.
- Providing immediate feedback to the Squads on Corporate Security-related issues, while forwarding the requests to Information Security / Privacy Specialist, when necessary.
- Ensuring alignment among Squads and Security/Privacy Specialists in terms of deliverables, priorities and timing, and ensure that any requirements for specialists to be co-located with agile delivery teams are identified and communicated in a timely manner.
- Being aware of Squads' initiatives and backlog, overseeing Squads outputs, ensuring consistency and alignment with Corporate Security strategy and guidelines, as well as internal and external regulations
- Generating awareness among Squads regarding basic Corporate Security & Privacy processes and common issues
- Overseeing Squads outputs in order to spot issues or inconsistencies related to Corporate Security strategy, guidelines or capacity to support resourcing requests.
- Participate in Quarterly Business Review (QBR) meetings to identify potential strategic interventions of Corporate Security teams in the upcoming quarter, while making sure that no issue has been forgotten or ignored in the previous quarter
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Experience of developing and implementing policy and controls aligned with information security standards such as ISO 27001
- Practical experience of working using agile methodologies and managing the impact on security/privacy requirements is preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (both written and verbally) and at a level appropriate to the intended audience (including board level)
- A clear view of how to apply security within the business to promote an excellent customer experience and drive revenue with a proven record or delivery
Corporate at Vodafone
Well – we work within the heart of our business, providing top notch support, expertise and guidance across our UK and Group operations. In a nutshell, we’ve been trailblazing the way to our next stage of digital growth. Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our corporate function a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of?
Get on board today
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Location London, Greater London
Description Role Title: Global Privacy CounselLocation: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acr
Location London, Greater London
Description Senior Legal Counsel, Consumer - London About the role The future is exciting, Ready to join our Legal Team as our next Senior Legal Counsel? Just as you would suspect, our legal teams look after Voda
Location Newbury, Berkshire
Description Legal Counsel – Product - Newbury About the role The future is exciting, Ready to join our Legal Team as our next Legal Counsel? Just as you would suspect, our legal teams look after Vodafone's lega