Duration: 12 months
Start Date: July 2019
Location: Various UK (Most roles are based in the Newbury campus with other across London, you will be based in one main location for the duration of the placement. You must have the right to work in the UK for the duration of your placement)
On our Technology Stream of our Explore Industrial Placement Programme, we are looking for innovators, those who embrace new technologies and are continuously learning, someone who is curious to explore all personal development opportunities they can, someone who wants to have a real impact on an organisation during their time with them. Vodafone is a place where you can bring your whole self to work as you kick start your career.
What’s in it for you
- Working for an industry leading company that spans across different countries around the world
- Having business exposure and accountability from day one
- Being part of a large community of Explore Interns
- The opportunity to work to deliver world-leading technology to empower both Enterprise and Consumer customers around the world to build our digital future
- Investment in your personal development with forward thinking digital learning opportunities
- Real exposure to technology and the ability to immerse yourself in the challenging technical projects
What to expect
- The opportunity to influence the area you work in by selecting one of our 4 sub streams
- Placement opportunities in your area of specialism
- Support, training & personal development
- Building technical capabilities in real life scenarios to supplement your knowledge gained at University
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrate creativity, resilience and adaptability
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and hunger for development
- Curiosity, passion and aptitude for technology, how things work and the future of digital
- To apply, you must be in your 2nd year of a 3 year programme or 3rd year of a 4 year programme and be able to take on a full 12 month placement in this coming summer
- Currently studying towards Bachelor
- Strong academic performance
- Proficient in English
Our Technology programme has four sub streams which students can choose one from and will be asked to state, as a preference, during the application process. We will do our best to match you to the most appropriate role to your skills, capabilities and career aspirations.
The programme sub streams are:
Vodafone sees Software Engineering as the art and discipline of delivering great quality software into services that delight our customers. As we move more towards becoming a software company right across our network and end-to-end services, software engineering is becoming a critical skill in driving us forwards, whether we are buying in quality solutions, building our own unique customer experiences or inventing the future of communications.
You could be undertaking a related placement and learning skills in various teams such as Digital consumer products, Internet of Things, Cloud and Automation. Learning will be focused on disciplines such as cloud solutions, networks, Digital customer experiences as well as DevOps, CI/CD toolchains, new software lifecycles and agile methodologies.
Helping us deliver our world leading global network within teams at the cutting edge of network health, adapting & evolving to changes with new technologies, and providing our global customers the very best digital experience. You could be helping to lead the engineering and delivery of voice & data services, coming up with new network solutions and commercial products like TV, or helping constantly monitor the entire network, from mobile to fixed, TV, and even the thousands of miles of deep sea cable to detect any issues. The next few years at Vodafone are predicted to be even more thrilling than ever before, as networks become virtualized, predictive, self-adapting, and ever more intelligent. So If you’re blown away by the technology keeping networks connected across different countries 24/7 that enable people and business to change the world… then the network engineering stream is for you!
You could be undertaking a placement in various teams including, but not limited to network operations (fixed, mobile & TV), radio & transmission, technology strategy and architecture, I.T operations, cloud & virtualisation while obtaining core learning in the area of network engineering.
We need to keep one step ahead of ever growing cyber threats and our world class technology security team leads the way with just that. We have a strong, international team of security professionals, ethical hackers, cyber-defence experts and architects working hard to maintain our existing services and designing security into new products as they come off the drawing board. To keep up to date with new threats and new technologies, we also need new minds to expand our expertise into the future.
In a highly regulated environment, you will learn the importance of creating high quality solutions that can work across international boundaries and remain safe and operational in the face of increasingly complex threats. These practical skills will prepare you for potential placements covering cyber defence, security consultancy and engineering, ethical hacking, incident management support, vulnerability management as well as security architecture. You could be helping us to protect the future of Vodafone’s people, technology and customers!
Big Data, Insights & Analytics
With the agility of a start-up and the resources of a global corporate, you will have the opportunity to be part of and drive the amazing data revolution. Working across various teams focused on Big Data, BI, AI & Robotics, to name a few, using predictive, prescriptive and cognitive analysis to reveal and create the impossible through insight and design. Whether its utilising the location-centric data of over 500 million global consumers to develop useful and profitable insights for Vodafone, supporting teams on the future conception and build of chatbots for our business or helping run our Big Data Delivery Platform, you will help grow Vodafone and shape our analytics future.
You could undertake a placement in various teams including, but not limited to, big data science, big data delivery, business intelligence, technology shared services AI & robotics and the Internet of things.