IFRS 15 Subject Matter Expert
Role Title: VGx S15 senior accountant
Location: Newbury UK
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
By joining the Corporate Functions team here at Vodafone Group you will support our people in strengthening our position as an admired company in the eyes of our customers, shareholders and employees. The team is varied; you could be working within Human Resources, Finance, Legal, External Affairs, Audit or Supply Chain. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
The role of the VGx sS15 senior accountant is fundamentally to be the source of expertise (the ‘go-to person’) within VGx Finance for matters relating to IFRS 15 accounting and the specifics of the VGx S15 SAP solution, in terms of systems, data, processes and people. You will play a key role in the majority of VGx S15 processes and will be the operator for a number of key VGx S15-related controls.
- Accountable for ensuring VGx’s ongoing compliance with IFRS 15
- Accountable for the ongoing suitability, effectiveness and efficiency of the VGx S15 accounting approach
- Expertise regarding IFRS 15 accounting principles
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Highly capable in applying the IFRS15 standard into real world scenarios
- Expertise in navigating a complex accounting solution and the corresponding interactions between people, systems and data
- Ability to identify and clearly specify changes to systems/data/processes
- Strong communicator with the ability to manage stakeholders/non-direct reports effectively to implement changes
- Highly experienced in the operation of financial controls
- Telecom industry/technology experience is desirable
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA preferable)
- Proficient in use of SAP
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and associated software
Application Guidance: We encourage our people to have powerful career conversations with their line managers and ask that your application is part of PD, mid-year review or development discussions. Please inform your line manager and HR Business Partner regarding your application as feedback may be sought from the hiring manager. Our Group internal transfer policy requires all internal applicants to have at least 2 years’ tenure within your current role. Please click here to read further details on the policy. You may also be asked to provide your previous performance ratings, where applicable, through the application process.
Internal Development: Across our Global footprint, we embrace internal movement and development and offer our employees the world of opportunities to achieve your career aspirations. Across our diverse workforce, we empower our people, enrich their experience and offer the chance to give something back through our Vodafone Foundation and Mobile for Good. As one company with local roots, we are supportive of international moves and relocation.
We believe in a fair and robust interview process and all you will be interviewed and assessed through The Vodafone Way behaviours. To read full details of The Vodafone Way click here.
To discover more about how Vodafone Group leads the way in Diversity & Inclusion and hear our CEO Vittorio Colao talk about how he is listed as one of the top 10 men fighting for gender diversity, please click here.
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/our-business/corporate/finance/
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org