Graduate & Students Programme Lead
Role Title: Graduate & Students Programme Lead
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
In joining the Commercial team here at Vodafone Group you will support our people in strengthening our position as an admired company in the eyes of our customers, shareholders and employees! The team is broad; you could be working within Brand, Commercial Management, Consumer Services, Terminals, M-Pesa or Customer Experience Operations. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
Drives strategic capability building for our digital telco by leading the end to end design and delivery of VGS core youth programmes including the Discover graduate programme, Explore internship programme, NEW Industrial Placement Programme & Columbus Assignee Programme
1.Strategic Programme Design
- Driving the end to end strategic build of 3 core youth programmes: (Graduate, intern & industrial placement programmes) and how they deliver for the business and our overarching VGS strategy. This also drives our wider youth attraction strategy.
- This includes the design and process implementation of a world class programme offering with all Key life cycle stages of all 3 programmes starting from the onboarding all the way through to the offboarding and tracking there after including (but not limited to):
- Onboarding & induction
- How role identifying and rotation works
- Reward & Benefits
- Talent Management
- Peformance Mangement
- General Employee Experience (e.g. giving and getting feedback, hackathon’s and general engagement initiatives)
- OE & architecture mapping
- Incorporate new developments from the Global Resorucing Team into wider programme design including learning and development and wider programme changes including an in programme international placement initiative
- Use of and collaboration with external companies and organisations to ensure programme design is best in class and forward thinking supporting VF’s ambition to be a brand loved by youth.
- Working with the team manager to define the long term strategy (with SPOC/BP/HRD input) for core youth programmes and their structure and how these intrinsically link to skill and capability building across Group.
2. Programme Delivery & Partnering
- Strong implementation delivery of all planned and designed programme roadmap’s and life cycle stages with consideration of business and stakeholder impact.
- This including the creation of yearly plans which clearly outline timelines, how delivery is achieved, who with and why.
- Implement a yearly detailed communications plan working closely with SPOC’s and the EVP lead in the wider team to ensure planned and effective comms to all relevant audiences and through various channels.
- Consideration and creation of HRBP/LM/Graduate support HUB’s and content to help drive implementation of relevant programmes and ensure day to day running is smooth.
- İmplementation of any additional global team initiatives.
- Further build and define the operating model and governance plan for the youth team, collaboration with functional SPOC's including who owns what, why, how and when. Inlcudes generic framework and standard for all streams to drive consistency and more central ownership of life cycle stages and roadmap.
- Building a strong connection/partnership between programme design and delivery and general attraction and recruitment of youth
- Acting as the columbus lead for VGS UK:
- owning and implementing the yearly assessment process for VF’s global top talent.
- İn flight management and delivery of support/engagement model for columbus assignnees, both those on assignement within Group and those originating from Group.
3. Data & Insight Reporting/Decision Making
- Continous tracking and reporting of key youth programme data on all possible touch points and life cycle stages, before, during and after all programmes:
- Enable weekly, mothly, quarterly and annual updates to global team, SPOC’s and HRD’s.
- Buidling and implementing a comprehensive reporting and analysis tracker/dashboard for repsonsible youth programmes to enable future decision making and improvement to be primarily data led. Dashboard will drive key insights on top level numbers, YoY growth, performance, areas of work, diversity and the link between all as well insight into conenction with education background and other deep statistical analysis.
Apply if you have:
- Very strong proactive and driven attitude with influence & impact
- Will and ambition to create significant business change through programmes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to see wider picture as well as detail
- Very strong at stakeholder management at multiple levels including up to SLT with good emotional intelligence
- Agile in core programme design with ability to iterate, learn and improve
- Strong prioritisation, planning & organising skills
- Ability to business partner with business and wider stakeholders
- Adaptability and resilience
- Innovative mindset oriented
- Deep Learning agility
- Comprehensive analytical and project management skills with evident experience or passion to analyse and utilise data to drive decisions
- Ability to undertake deep programme design with employee experience knowledge and mind-set
- Experience of using innovation and external best practice in delivery
- Flexible attitude towards different cultures and situations
- Hardworking, dedicated personality and capabilities to ensure high quality delivery for projects
Application Guidance: We encourage our people to have powerful career conversations with their line managers and ask that your application is part of PD, mid-year review or development discussions. Please inform your line manager and HR Business Partner regarding your application as feedback may be sought from the hiring manager. Our Group internal transfer policy requires all internal applicants to have at least 2 years’ tenure within your current role. Please click here to read further details on the policy. You may also be asked to provide your previous performance ratings, where applicable, through the application process.
Internal Development: Across our Global footprint, we embrace internal movement and development and offer our employees the world of opportunities to achieve your career aspirations. Across our diverse workforce, we empower our people, enrich their experience and offer the chance to give something back through our Vodafone Foundation and Mobile for Good. As one company with local roots, we are supportive of international moves and relocation.
We believe in a fair and robust interview process and all you will be interviewed and assessed through The Vodafone Way behaviours. To read full details of The Vodafone Way click here.
To discover more about how Vodafone Group leads the way in Diversity & Inclusion and hear our CEO Vittorio Colao talk about how he is listed as one of the top 10 men fighting for gender diversity, please click here.
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/corporate
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The future is exciting. Ready?