Governance And Control Lead
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
By joining the Corporate Functions team here at Vodafone Group you will support our people in strengthening our position as an admired company in the eyes of our customers, shareholders and employees. The team is varied; you could be working within Human Resources, Finance, Legal, External Affairs, Audit or Supply Chain. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, VGX Finance Operations, this role is responsible for the Control and review of statutory accounts process and governance, and control of finance operation activities across all VGX Group entities.
- Management of statutory accounts process, acting as control lead and main contact for shared services and external auditors
- Statutory accounts review of all VGX Group entities including audited, non-audited and dormant entities
- Manage statutory accounts tracker including activity plan, progress updates and taking actions to ensure key milestones are met.
- Present statutory accounts in entity board meetings preparing any required board papers to facilitate approval and signing of statutory accounts.
- Manage the preparation of the interim and year end certification requirements.
- Governance and control of the interim and year end certificates for Group Reporting.
- Review of technical accounting entries impacting the VGX Group entities including pension accounting, share based payments, investment acquisition and disposals, as well as any ad hoc transactions.
- Governance and control of balance sheet reporting across all VGX Group entities.
- Timely review and control of all approval requests relating to general ledger accounts, cost centres and purchase order exceptions.
- Support entity simplification initiatives through organising and reviewing accounting analysis.
- Ad hoc project work supporting the VGX Fin Ops team.
- Statutory accounts and financial reporting experience
- Good knowledge of FRS101, FRS102 and IFRS accounting standards
- Strong communicator willing to deal with internal and external stakeholders, including audit partners and board members.
- Quick learner
- Strong Excel skills
- Problem solver
- Excellent report writing skills
- ACA or equivalent
- SAP, Strong Excel
- Multi-currency accounting experience
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on email@example.com
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology/
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The future is exciting. Ready?
Commercial Manager Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee s
FICO Specialist FICO Specialist Location: (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) Hours: 37.5 Hours COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote
Senior Commercial Lead Location: London (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee
Commercial Manager Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee sa
By connecting people, places and things, Vodafone Business helps organisations succeed in a digital world. With our expertise in connectivity, our leading IoT platform and our global scale, we can de
Venture Commercial Assurance Manger Role Title: Commercial Manager - AssuranceLocation: Newbury Cloud & Security Our secure and flexible Cloud and Hosting Services offer centralised and scalable IT