Global Programme Manager
Role Title: Global Programme Manager
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
- To lead and take ownership of end-to-end Vodafone Global Enterprise global Customer programmes in the Northern European region.
- To adhere to programme delivery methodology, in such a way that the programme is accomplished to the complete satisfaction of the Customer, on schedule, quality assured and within budget.
- To ensure that Customer programmes are planned, coordinated and communicated in a professional manner, keeping Customer stakeholders regularly informed of progress, and ensuring that all stakeholder expectations are managed and that Customer commitments are consistently met.
- Typical contract value ranging €20M - €250M in value with the responsibility of managing large virtual teams and reporting to C level executives. Experience of delivering a range of standard and non-standard solutions including services such as Cloud and Hosting, mobility, LAN, WAN, IPT, Unified communications, Security and managed solutions.
To drive continual service improvement for Vodafone Business Customers and simplify, enhance and support their digital journey
Support and provide guidance to the Presales Customers Solution team on all Programme elements as required for any proposal submissions and support early customer engagement through due diligence activities. Support the Solution Architect regarding creation of Statement of Work.
Prepare and deliver Programme Plan (outlining the activities, tasks, dependencies and timeframes) as to be jointly baselined with the Customer and placed under change control.
In Agile deliveries, lead the programme and act as scrum master or solution train Engineer and deliver as per agreed agile delivery model.
Lead the virtual programme team (as the overall primary point of contact and escalation point), coordinate all programme delivery activities and ensure that all key milestones are met.
Execute the programme governance and chair both operational and strategic programme review boards.
Proactively provide the programme Customer and internal stakeholders with frequent programme progress reports, highlighting Risks, Actions, Issues, Dependencies, Changes.
Effectively manage programme budget and revenue plan with strict adherence through change control
Ensure delivery of a quality hand-over to the Customer & Service Management team at the close of each programme is facilitated.
Carry out thorough Customer facing Lessons Learned session and distribute output report within Delivery team.
Manage Risks, Actions, Issues & Dependencies (throughout programme lifecycle):
Assess, record & mitigate risks / dependencies against programme on-time delivery, quality &/or budget
Ensure that Customer Delivery Satisfaction surveys are completed by Customer stakeholders.
Ensure that accurate system records and reports are maintained (eg: EPPM).
- Extensive Project/Programme Management skills and experience (7+ years) required.
- Exposure to commercial management contractual negotiation experience.
- Agile delivery methodology understanding and conceptual knowledge essential
- Experience of delivering Unified Communications, Cloud & hosting, mobility, LAN, WAN, IPT, Security and bespoke managed solutions required.
- Build strong relationships with internal customers, delivery partners and external vendors.
- Matrix Management - Management of multiple stakeholders, with a range of cultural backgrounds, frequently with English as a second language.
- Ability to manage from a distance, resources who work for other organisations.
- Strong written and oral communications skills (including C-level communication) required.
- Multi-lingual skills advantageous.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organisational and communication skills, integrity, respect for confidentiality, sound judgement and decision making skills.
- Ability to drive times to work to common sense of purpose.
- Ability to lead and motivate high profile cross functional programme teams to successfully deliver the program within agreed time scales, assigned budget and to high quality standards. Be effective in crossing the country specific cultural divides.
- In Agile deliveries, being able to drive and coach the scrums or trains to continually deliver value at every iteration.
- Ability to build successful relationships within VBS and third party suppliers
- PRINCE2 Practitioner or PMI-PMP required
- ITILv3 required
- MSP Practitioner required
- Agile Foundation required or equivalent Agile certifications.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
The future is exciting. Ready?
London, Newbury or Manchester
Role: Unified Communications Solution Architect Location: Newbury HQ, London or Manchester £ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer A senior customer facing role providing technical leadersh
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Commercial Manager Location: London or Newbury Our Team: Group Business Commercial OperationsThis is a chance to join a growing Cloud Commercial team within Vodafone. We are goin
Role Title: Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consiste
Role Title: Senior IoT Strategy & Ecosystems Manager Location: Newbury / London At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency
Role: IT Technical Delivery Manager Location: Newbury HQSalary: £competitive + excellent benefits Is this role for you? As a Technical Delivery Manager, you will be responsibility for the delivery of
Programme Manager Newbury or London based Permanent Are you a Customer facing Programme Manager looking for your next role? As a Programme Manager you will be responsible for leading large customer f