Global Media Manager # Search & Social
Role Title: Global Media Manager – Search & Social Lead
Reports to: Global Head of Media
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
In joining the Commercial team here at Vodafone Group you will support our people in strengthening our position as an admired company in the eyes of our customers, shareholders and employees! The team is broad; you could be working within Brand, Commercial Management, Consumer Services, Terminals, M-Pesa or Customer Experience Operations. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
The Global Media Manager – Search & Social – will take an active leadership role in developing the operating practice for paid search and paid social media. This critical and newly created position will elevate and consider all aspects of establishing effective planning and buying across biddable disciplines – technology, people, process, data usage, ad formats, partnerships, performance measurement etc.
Their success at Vodafone will depend heavily on both their credible technical expertise and experience, but also their ability to work well in an extremely fast-paced and demanding environment, and in working well / influencing across (global and local) teams.
- Create a centre of excellence for Paid Search and Paid Social Media, becoming a key focal point for the disciplines with Group and Local market stakeholders
- NB. It is yet undefined as to whether this role will also pick up related AdWords enabled media operation, i.e. YouTube, GDN etc – to be confirmed
- Develop optimum, full end-to-end, operating guidance (Brand and Performance planning, processes, data and tech utilisation, use cases, best practice etc).
- Establish best use of (standardised) technology platforms, and lead the relationships with the platforms (strategic development, product roadmap, custom scripts, demos, training etc)
- Drive search / social training and development agenda, to ensure advantage for Vodafone talent, keeping abreast of key trends and developing thought leadership in these areas
- Set and measure operational effectiveness through ongoing process / capability auditing
- Ensure right creative format use across search and social platforms., fulfilling media quality and personalisation goals
Apply if you have:
- Relevant management experience in media industry – client, agency or consultancy side. International experience an advantage.
- Hands-on and operational experience of search and social technology platforms, i.e. Essential for AdWords, Business Manager, and Advantageous for Twitter, Snapchat etc.
- Knowledge of specialist search and social biddable technology platforms, i.e. Marin, Kenshoo etc
- Search PPC knowledge including account and keyword strategies, RSLA, KPIs and targets, script development / account automation tools, and related products, e.g. PLA’s
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO would be advantageous
- Paid Social knowledge including targeting strategies, use of custom audiences, brand safety, Actionable Insights
- Brand and performance planning experience essential, demonstrating knowledge in harnessing data and technology to deliver accountable media outcomes
- Good data management and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of analytics, tracking, tag management / implementation, managing set up of DCO campaigns, and working with DMP’s, with experience of creating audience segments, pushing these to execution, campaign optimisation, and evaluation.
- Proven track-record of driving projects and creating impact through pragmatic problem-solving
- Educated to degree level
- Platform certifications i.e. Essential for Google AdWords (Search) Facebook Business Manager (Blueprint), Twitter (Flight School)
Application Guidance: We encourage our people to have powerful career conversations with their line managers and ask that your application is part of PD, mid-year review or development discussions. Please inform your line manager and HR Business Partner regarding your application as feedback may be sought from the hiring manager. Our Group internal transfer policy requires all internal applicants to have at least 2 years’ tenure within your current role. Please click here to read further details on the policy. You may also be asked to provide your previous performance ratings, where applicable, through the application process.
Internal Development: Across our Global footprint, we embrace internal movement and development and offer our employees the world of opportunities to achieve your career aspirations. Across our diverse workforce, we empower our people, enrich their experience and offer the chance to give something back through our Vodafone Foundation and Mobile for Good. As one company with local roots, we are supportive of international moves and relocation.
We believe in a fair and robust interview process and all you will be interviewed and assessed through The Vodafone Way behaviours. To read full details of The Vodafone Way click here.
To discover more about how Vodafone Group leads the way in Diversity & Inclusion and hear our CEO Vittorio Colao talk about how he is listed as one of the top 10 men fighting for gender diversity, please click here.
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The future is exciting. Ready?
Role Title: Enterprise ArchitectLocation: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the co
Role Title – Cloud Commercial Manager Location – Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellenc
Information Security Specialist Newbury An excellent opportunity for an information security specialist to develop and manage solutions to ensure the security of electronic and paper based data th
Role Title: MDM Software Engineer Location: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of th
Role Title: Location: Baird House, Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 count
Lead Automation Engineer Newbury Competitive salary + excellent benefits Interested in automation & digitalisation and how you can use this to transform todays workplace? As an Automation Engineer you
London, Greater London
Solution Design AuthorityLondon Smale House The purpose of this role is to provide bespoke, detailed customer designs and technical ownership to the businesses high profile accounts through the util
PEGA DeveloperNewbury / BracknellCompetitive salary + excellent benefits Automating work processes & developing the business for the future. Developers work collaboratively in scrum teams of between 5
Field Engineer Location- Scotland (25%- 30% travel time) Whats the role? This is a great opportunity to join a core team within Vodafone to provide a professional Field Engineering service for a spe
Role Title: Engagement Manager Location: Newbury Vodafone Group Business partners with large multi-national organisations to find better ways of working through our total communications solutions. W
Role Title: IDAM Analyst Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 cou