Frontend Software Developer (iOS) - Internet of Things
Role: Frontend Software Developer (iOS) - Internet of Things (Consumer)
Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive…
The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a new way of connecting our 500 million customers globally to the world of Internet of Things.
We’re a team of fearless, restless visionaries in a completely new technology, on a mission to create world-changing products that connect people to their homes, their smart devices, and the things they love. Using our smart V SIM card, innate objects can now be controlled and monitored from anywhere at anytime, giving people the opportunity to do things they have never done before, offering freedom, security and control on a new level.
We have already launched 15 products in 7 markets internationally …and we just can’t stop!
We are seeking like-minded intrepid explorers to join us. People that aren’t afraid to take risks. The daring ones, the trailblazers, the pioneers!
As a Software Developer, you are an integral part of our IoT full stack development team based in London, responsible for building digital products from scratch. You love solving interesting problems, are willing to embrace the unknown, and are able to work cross-functionally in distributed teams.
You are part of a dedicated team of specialists committed to producing world-changing products in the consumer tech industry. You share our love of serving the customer and passion for learning and experimenting. You work with a team of experienced Android/ IOS developers who support you as well as inspire you to do your best.
- Build and own the full development cycle
- Create cutting edge software experiences for our end-to-end products
- Test and optimise the software that you are building
- Improve the day to day workflow for the whole team
- Drive high standards across the team (code, process, architecture)
- Shape how you work and what you work on
- Experienced: You have at least 3 years of experience as an iOS Developer
- Passionate: You love working with code
- A leader by example: You have a team mentality, are self-sufficient and are not afraid take initiative to remove obstacles and push projects forward
- Agile: You are comfortable with change and working on a broad variety of topics.
- A strong communicator: You are humble but opinionated and can serve as an intellectual sparring partner.
- Education: You have work which speaks for itself, whether you are self-taught or have school credentials
- Swift (above version 4)
- Intrinsic knowledge of the iOS platform and UIKit
- Experience working with persistence frameworks like CoreData and SQLite
- Strong knowledge about unit testing iOS applications (XCTest)
- Familiarity with UI testing iOS applications (XCTest)
- Strong understanding of OOP and SOLID design principles
- Professional experience with testable design patterns like MVVM, MVP or VIPER
- Professional experience working with RESTful APIs
- Understanding of continuous integration and automated deployments
What you can expect from us:
- Dedicated support and mentoring
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
- Annual company bonus
- 28 day’s holiday
- Contributory company pension scheme
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/consumer-internet-of-things
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org