Front End Development - Chapter Lead
Salary: Competitive + Bonus
As a front end chapter lead at Vodafone your primary responsibility is to develop and support our front end web applications: ensuring that they are operational, performant and of the highest quality. As a people leader you will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development. You'll be able use your knowledge of software engineering to support shaping of new projects and support the development of less experienced developers. You'll also have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
What you’ll do
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions with exemplary written, well tested code.
Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelise great engineering and organisational practices.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values.
- Be an active part of the engineering community team and collaborate with other technical leads.
- Lead, coach and further develop a team of engineers through regular 1:1s, feedback sessions and performance reviews.
- Support your team in setting and following the operational processes, engineering principles and standards.
- An ability to balance business deliverables and technical excellence in the work you and your team produce.
- Partner with product managers to define the roadmap and deliver new features that will deliver value to our users.
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a tracked record doing it.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development.
- You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high-quality software together with them.
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment.
- Commercial experience with React and Node.js.
- Demonstrable experience with RESTful APIs and JSON.
- Good knowledge of responsive web design.
- Experience with Git or other source control systems.
- Strong ability to debug code.
- Knowledge of building performance driven websites with an understanding of network traffic, HTTP requests and other performance focused enhancements.
- Working knowledge of how to utilise manual and automated testing
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.