Financial Analyst - Newbury
About the role
Working within our Financial Operations Function reporting into the Senior Manager for Revenue & Margin. As part of this role you will partner with our internal finance function to support them on Opex and Capex reporting as well as supporting Month End Activity. This is a great role that will give you a blend of technical and commercial finance.
The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical capabilities with good commercial instincts – enjoy analysing business performance and will specifically have the ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely to senior management. An ability to demonstrate process improvement or change would be desirable.
Month end Reporting
• Finance Operations lead for Smart Funding IFRS15 Debt Sale. This includes reviewing and validating the periodic sales.
• Preparation and posting of month end journals.
• Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
• Reviewing and assessing new projects and customer journeys to understand whether they impact Smart Funding calculations and reporting.
• Assuring a SOX controlled environment
• First point of contact for both Internal and External Audit.
• Data Analysis each month to ensure the completeness and accuracy of data being used to calculate the Smart Funding Financial adjustments.
• Work with internal customers (Commercial Finance) as a point of contact and subject matter expert for accounting requirements.
• Handle complex information requests.
• Encourage and drive a continuous process improvement culture to create further efficiencies within the team in order to meet challenging objectives.
• Recommend ideas and help implement improvements to processes cross functionally and/or within own role area.
• Provide support and input for Projects impacting the Debt Sale.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Part/Newly qualified (CIMA or equivalent) ideally with relevant business experience
• Customer service orientated
• Team player with positive attitude
• Detail conscious
• Experience in driving change and process re-engineering
• Understanding of IFRS
• Experience in dealing with multiple complex demands from various areas of the business and various levels of seniority
• Ability to challenge the status-quo in a mature and sophisticated manner
• Appreciation of End to End processes implication
(rather than just a functional view)
• Strong financial and analytical skills
• Knowledge of the mobile telecommunications industry an advantage
• Experience in fast-moving industries
• Knowledge of SAP, Access, Business Objects an advantage
What's in it for me?
If you're unqualified or part CIMA qualified, we will support your study financially. You will also get to work in a team at the forefront of our Financial Operations, helping to drive the business' financial decisions.
On top of this, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package, 28 days holiday and you get to work at our impressive campus in Newbury!
Corporate at Vodafone
Well – we work within the heart of our business, providing top notch support, expertise and guidance across our UK and Group operations. In a nutshell, we’ve been trailblazing the way to our next stage of digital growth. Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our corporate function a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of?
Get on board today
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Commercial Manager Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee s
FICO Specialist FICO Specialist Location: (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) Hours: 37.5 Hours COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote
Senior Commercial Lead Location: London (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee
Commercial Manager Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee sa
By connecting people, places and things, Vodafone Business helps organisations succeed in a digital world. With our expertise in connectivity, our leading IoT platform and our global scale, we can de
Venture Commercial Assurance Manger Role Title: Commercial Manager - AssuranceLocation: Newbury Cloud & Security Our secure and flexible Cloud and Hosting Services offer centralised and scalable IT