Engineering Manager - Platform
Engineer Manager - Platform
Location: Newbury HQ/The Speechmark Southwark, London
£ Excellent salary and benefits
Is this role for you?
We're looking for a talented and enthusiastic Engineering Manager to lead our Digital Engineering Platform team in our new Digital Hub in London, bringing with you a broad range of experiences and a passion for modern development technologies and practices. As our Engineering Manager you'll lead our platform engineering squads, with the autonomy to drive technical excellence, delivery, and cultural/behavioural changes as you see fit.
Building great products that delight our customers and transform the way they engage with us is why we're here, but we're also building a world-class capability to build and ship high quality products, leading the way across Vodafone to transform the way we deliver our solutions. Our digital channels are used by millions of customers, but we have big plans for the future!
What will you be doing?
In this role you’ll be part of the Product Engineering Leadership team, reporting to the Head of Product Engineering and will lead the development teams that build all our digital platforms. You’ll work closely with our Front End squads, our agile delivery capability, and our BA and Product teams, sharing our ideas and components across Vodafone.
What experience are Vodafone looking for?
- A proven track record of leading engineering teams with an in-depth understanding of the technologies, processes and architecture required for delivering high quality digital products, particularly with Java 8-11, Spring Boot, MySQL/Aurora, Spring Cloud, Spring Data, Mockito, Junit, Spring Integration tests.
- A deep understanding of the full software development lifecycle including multiple delivery methodologies with the ability to mentor, motivate and shape high performing teams
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to choose style, media & technique suitable to your audience
- Experience in leading multidiscipline technology teams across multiple locations.
- Strong all-round skills, willing to get involved in every stage of the software development lifecycle
- Operational experience of large scale cloud-hosted solutions with challenging expectations of security, availability and performance.
- An enthusiastic interest in modern development practice, tooling, technology and techniques.
What’s in it for you?
In this dynamic, fast-paced team, you will be working on leading edge technologies in a constantly evolving environment. This role places a lot of emphasis on improve the journey at Vodafone for the customer. This opportunity offers huge exposure to the overall business, automation projects and genuine career progression.
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
Webchat and Messaging SpecialistLocations options: Stoke or Newbury Competitive salary & excellent benefits Digital transformation is a journey not a one off-event. It needs to be nurtured and grown
Commercial Trading Manager Role can be based in London The Speechmark, Stoke or ManchesterCompetitive salary + Excellent benefits In 1985, we made the first mobile call in the UK, with your experience