Salary: Competitive + benefits
Vodafone UK Corporate functions work within the heart of our business, providing professional expertise, support and guidance across all operations, revolutionising our digital growth by always moving, always adapting, to be ready for the future
What will you be doing?
You will provide employment law advice as and when required by Vodafone Limited. Some support is also required for Group Legal, Vodafone Group Enterprise and the Vodafone Procurement Company. You will to provide high quality employment law support to internal stakeholders in relation to employment law compliance, TUPE, general HR and employee relations support, project work and ACAS early conciliation and all stages of employment litigation.
You will provide or to procure legal advice for all employment law issues across the business and to manage legal risk to the business.Your customers/clients will primarily be HR, legal, corporate security, supply chain and procurement, Technology, Vodafone Business/Enterprise and Public Sector stakeholders. You will need to negotiate with suppliers and have interaction with, and instruction of our panel law firms.
You will work with the Senior Employment Counsel, but you should be largely able to work without close supervision. You will be able to report progress on matters to Senior Employment Counsel for onward reporting to Lead Counsel/Vodafone Limited board members and cover the role of Senior Employment Counsel in her absence.
You will monitor legal developments in employment law and together with Senior Employment Counsel, ensure ing appropriate areas of the business are briefed and trained accordingly and suitable documentation prepared and/or reviewed.
Who are we looking for?
- Excellent level of knowledge of employment law, particularly TUPE, and HR policy and good practice. Basic working knowledge of data protection and pensions law an advantage.
- University honours degree (second class or better)
- Solicitor or barrister post-qualification experience practising in either private practice or in an in-house role in the commercial field.
- Able to deal with complex issues in relation to employment matters. Good legal analysis skills with clear potential to develop in relation to commercial and business law issues.
- Able to prioritise and retain control over a high volume and complex workload with support from the line manager.
- Good and accurate drafting skills and able to draft all necessary documentation.
- Good level of commercial judgement and consultancy skills; able to advise internal clients/ customers confidently and effectively at all levels.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills and able to lead negotiations particularly in TUPE situations, with ability to develop further.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
The future is exciting.