Delivery Manager (Expansion) - Internet of Things
The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a new way of connecting our 500 million customers globally to the world of Internet of Things.
We’re a team of fearless, restless visionaries in a completely new technology, on a mission to create world-changing products that connect people to their homes, their smart devices, and the things they love. Using our smart V SIM card, innate objects can now be controlled and monitored from anywhere at anytime, giving people the opportunity to do things they have never done before, offering freedom, security and control on a new level.
We have already launched 15 products in 7 markets internationally …and we just can’t stop!
We are seeking like-minded intrepid explorers to join us. People that aren’t afraid to take risks. The daring ones, the trailblazers, the pioneers!
As the Delivery Manager, you’ll be using your exceptional communication skills to work between key stakeholders, team members, external partners to ensure the delivery of products and services which are loved by our customers. You’ll play a key role in driving the expansion strategy of Consumer IoT into new markets across the world, launching new and exciting products. A key part of the role will be striving to improve the operational efficiency with a continuously growing portfolio, making sure that business processes are in place and functioning in an efficient way in line with the involved delivery squads.
You are part of a dedicated team of specialists committed to producing world-changing products in the telecommunications industry. You will drive key initiatives and strategic projects that impact the overall programme, putting user centricity and passion for learning and experimenting at the centre of everything you do.
- Drive and manage global extension of Consumer IoT in close collaboration with the commercial teams
- Drive and manage the overall programmes ability of self-service enablement
- Identify, manage and resolve dependencies, risks and issues on all layers (technical, commercial & organisational) which could affect the successful delivery.
- Manage strategic cross programme projects end2end
- Drive key business decisions on make-or-buy, vendor selection, delivery and operational model for the new products or services and support the Commercial team with product road map planning.
- Strong communication skills to manage local and remote stakeholders in a distributed team
- Proven track record in delivering large and strategic projects in the areas of communications, web or mobile services.
- Excellent knowledge of agile methodologies (Scrum) as well as traditional project management practices.
- Experience of working in international environments and high cultural awareness.
- Experience in leading virtual teams.
- Strong communication / stakeholder management
- >= 5 years professional work experience
- Technical degree level (MSc)
- Deep knowledge of software development projects and delivery in agile environments.
- Proven vendor and partner management skills including planning and execution of selection processes, initial setup, commercial negotiations and controlling.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Broad experience and skills in the area of IT and/or Telecommunications
- Experience in setting up governance and overall delivery processes in large organisations
- Dedicated support and mentoring
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
- Annual company bonus
- 28 day’s holiday
- Contributory company pension scheme
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/consumer-internet-of-things
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
The future is exciting. Ready?
London, Newbury or Manchester
Role: Unified Communications Solution Architect Location: Newbury HQ, London or Manchester £ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer A senior customer facing role providing technical leadersh
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Commercial Manager Location: London or Newbury Our Team: Group Business Commercial OperationsThis is a chance to join a growing Cloud Commercial team within Vodafone. We are goin
Role Title: Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consiste
Role Title: Senior IoT Strategy & Ecosystems Manager Location: Newbury / London At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency
Role: IT Technical Delivery Manager Location: Newbury HQSalary: £competitive + excellent benefits Is this role for you? As a Technical Delivery Manager, you will be responsibility for the delivery of
Programme Manager Newbury or London based Permanent Are you a Customer facing Programme Manager looking for your next role? As a Programme Manager you will be responsible for leading large customer f