Data Specialist – Business Operations
Competitive salary and excellent benefits
The Digital Operations and Automation team is a newly created Centre of Excellence, with a clear mission to drive the digital and automation transformation path for Vodafone UK. This is a high profile and critical function to transform Vodafone UK from a transactional operation, to a highly automated insight and data-driven organisation.
The role of Data Analytics Specialist has been created, to enable our business to become truly data driven, putting telemetry at the heart of our End2End business processes.
We are looking for someone with analytical expertise, who can contribute greatly to ensuring the Digital Operations and Automation squads become truly data driven. You will be an integral part of a squad that is driving the elimination and simplification of the end-to-end process across Vodafone UK.
You will be hands-on with proactive and complex analytical work, and be consultative and influential with internal stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the forefront of driving Vodafone UK’s strategy and transform the way we operate as a company.
Key aspects of the role:
The Data Analytics Specialist will work with the Scrum Master, Business Process Architect, Process Owner and business leads responsible for the end-to-end processes, to drive the desired business outcomes by ensuring that we base our decisions on the right metrics, producing actionable insights and allowing us to become a truly data driven operation. You will be:
• Manipulating, analysing and interpreting complex operational data sets
• Mining and analysing large datasets, draw valid inferences and present them successfully to stakeholders
• Identifying areas to increase efficiency and automation of processes
• Producing and tracking key performance indicators and reporting processes
• Assessing the data's performance on an ongoing basis
• Identifying and mitigating risks involved with the transference of data
• Working with Business Process Architect and Process Owner by in creating data models and interpretation of the data
• Working with the Benefit tracking manager to ensure the evidence is available to justify the improved efficiency and productivity.
Things we would consider critical for the role:
• Experience in data modelling, data cleansing and data enrichment techniques
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Ability to test hypotheses from raw data sets and draw meaningful conclusions
• Experience in statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
• Ability to produce clear graphical representations and data visualisations
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Proficient in R, Python and SQL, Excel, SAS, SPSS as well as business intelligence platforms such as Tableau, D3, Qlik Sense
• Proven abilities in mathematics, computer science and analysis to handle vast amounts of data
• Understanding of data modelling and data based solutions
You will be a confident communicator with strong proactive analytical skills, experienced in working up to senior management level. You will have the ability to structure complex data and communicate it in the most appropriate way to the relevant stakeholders.
This role will suit an individual who is keen to develop their career in both a management capacity and subject matter expertise in a fast-paced, commercially driven and customer-focussed environment.
What’s in it for you?
Great reward with a competitive basic. We will also throw in 28 days’ holiday and a fast moving and dynamic environment. You will get to work with a fun, diverse and driven team who love what they do and a leadership team who listen, support and inspire you to be your very best!
Ready? Click apply now!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Product ManagerLondon, The Speechmark Competitive salary + Excellent benefits Vodafone UK’s Products, Services & Innovation team takes ideas from concept through launch and to in-life management as
National Account ExecutiveHome Based Competitive salary + Excellent benefits Do you have previous experience within a commercial, marketing or trading role and want to join a forward thinking company
Digital Transformation ConsultantLondon, The Speechmark Competitive salary + Excellent benefits Our grip on tech is years ahead of the game. Can your experience with Agile along with a digital first
London, Greater London
Head of Mobile Applications Location: Newbury HQ/The Speechmark Southwark,London £ Excellent salary and benefits Is this role for you? We're looking for a talented and enthusiastic Digital Apps Devel
Portfolio Manager London, The Speechmark Competitive salary + Excellent benefits Do you have strong portfolio management experience, along with the desire to help us drive further towards our goal of
Engineer Manager - Platform Location: Newbury HQ/The Speechmark Southwark, London £ Excellent salary and benefits Is this role for you? We're looking for a talented and enthusiastic Engineering Mana
Supply Planning LeadLondon, SpeechmarkCompetitive salary + Excellent benefits In 1985, we made the first mobile call in the UK and recently we launched 5G. With your experience in supply chain demand
Senior Transformation ManagerNewbury We have an exciting leadership position for a Senior Transformation Manager to join the Product & Transformation team in UK Business. In this role, you will be re
Digital Transformation AnalystLondon, The Speechmark Competitive salary + Excellent benefits Our grip on tech is years ahead of the game. Can your experience with Agile along with a digital first mi
Product OwnerNewbury Digital Transformation is a new team within Vodafone Business, focusing on radically simplifying our platforms, commercial propositions, products and tariffs. You’ll play a leadin