Data Scientist - Internet of Things
The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a new way of connecting our 500 million customers globally to the world of Internet of Things.
We’re a team of fearless, restless visionaries in a completely new technology, on a mission to create world-changing products that connect people to their homes, their smart devices, and the things they love. Using our smart V SIM card, innate objects can now be controlled and monitored from anywhere at anytime, giving people the opportunity to do things they have never done before, offering freedom, security and control on a new level.
We have already launched 15 products in 7 markets internationally …and we just can’t stop!
We are seeking like-minded intrepid explorers to join us. People that aren’t afraid to take risks. The daring ones, the trailblazers, the pioneers!
The future fuel for the IT industry and especially IoT is data. As the Data Scientist in the team, you will be responsible for refining and distilling the insights out of the data to drive continuous improvements of our portfolio. You’ll work in close collaboration with our product, sales, leadership, technology and marketing teams with insights gained from analysing data from across the organisation, and then working together to find innovative opportunities for product and process optimization.
To really succeed and thrive in this role, it’s essential to have a true passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. You will work and share your experience with a dedicated team of data scientists and data engineers across multiple locations. Together with other technology teams you will define the future of analytics by introducing and applying capabilities like machine learning, artificial intelligence as well as moving towards cloud native analytics solutions.
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Skills in working with both local and remote stakeholders; skilled in working in multi-national and mulit-locations
- Solid experience and expertise across data integration and data management
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with visualisation tools and several years of hands on expertise with Data Mining, Machine Learning & AI technologies
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Social Sciences, Data Journalism, or related fields
- Strong communication / stakeholder management
- Hands on programming experience with statistical languages e.g. R, Python
- Hands on experience in data visualisation (Tableau or similar)
- Applied Scrum / Agile methodologies
- Professional experience and knowledge of Internet and/or Telco industries
- Dedicated support and mentoring
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
- Annual company bonus
- 28 day’s holiday
- Contributory company pension scheme
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on email@example.com
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/consumer-internet-of-things
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The future is exciting. Ready?
Application Performance Engineer - 267556 Location – Newbury HQ Salary - £Competitive + Bonus and Benefits What’s the role? As an Application Performance Engineer, you will play a pivotal role as
Field Engineer – Mobile & Fixed Telecommunication Permanent – Field Based Looking to cross skill? Become one of our Field based engineers that can deliver best in class Fixed & Mobile solutions to ou
Job title: Data ScientistLocation: Newbury Your RoleWe are looking for a Data Scientist who is able to use big data and machine learning techniques, to create predictive and prescriptive models and al
Role Title: DevOps Technical Lead Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence a
Role Title: Project Engineer Location: Glasgow At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acros
Role Title: Submarine Cable Engineer Location: Bude At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acr
Role Title: Data Model Designer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acr
Role Title: Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consiste
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Software Developer Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a ne
London, Greater London
Role Title: Delivery Manager (Expansion) - Internet of Things (Consumer) Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was create
London, Greater London
Role Title: Product Owner (Data & Analytics)Location: London Are you bold? Innovative? Inquisitive? Great, then we can help you thrive… The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a