As Data Scientist you will be responsible for creating analytics output that provide actionable business insight to Vodafone and its stakeholders. You will be developing predictive models with large and varied datasets, working with a community of colleagues across Customer Experience, Advanced Analytics, Technology and Commercial functions.
You will be contributing to the wider community to promote the value of predictive capability across Vodafone.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Uses a variety of datasets to test hypotheses, discover hidden relationships and provide actionable insights to Vodafone’s businesses
- Designs, develops & tests analytic models to industrialise insight into operations to solve real business problems
- Uses data visualisation to engage audience in a compelling way, enabling effective storytelling
- Delivers key packages of work, on time and in a collaborative manner to meet the needs of business customers
- Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Professional and/or academic experience in Big Data analytics & deployment of models and algorithms to solve real-world problems (with deep statistical modelling expertise)
- Experience manipulating and analysing large and complex datasets
- Experience in visualisation, creating graphical static and interactive displays of data that clearly communicate insight (preferred)
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment across multinational functional teams
- Works in partnership with own team, Technology and Advanced Analytics to agree data provision to support use cases
- Contributes to the development of self and colleagues within team and others across the analytics community. Utilise internal & external resources to enable continually skill development.
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Social Sciences, Data Journalism, or related fields
- Expertise in data manipulation: use of structured data tools (e.g., SQL), & unstructured data tools and platforms (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL)
- Proficiency in at least one relevant programming language: Python, Scala, MapReduce, Mahout, Java, C++
- Expertise in major statistical modelling software packages (e.g., R, SAS) and multivariate techniques (e.g. k-means segmentation, multiple regression, factor analysis, time-series forecasting)
- Experience in digital data sets, e.g., social listening, social network analysis)
- Familiarity with visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, D3)
- Exposure to/interest in machine learning
Vodafone Way Behaviours:
ONE COMPANY, LOCAL ROOTS - We work across Vodafone to achieve the best outcome for customers, employees and shareholders.
CUSTOMER OBSESSED - We are passionate about exceeding customer expectations and bring the customer experience to every decision.
INNOVATION HUNGRY - We create and deliver new products, services and ways of working that delight our customers.
SPEED, SIMPLICITY & TRUST – We quickly seek simple solutions to problems and take pride in eliminating complexity.
AMBITIOUS & COMPETITIVE – We deliver the best in class
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Customer Service Designer Newbury Your role You will support the Product Management team in New Product Development (NPD) or Existing Product Development (EPD) by bringing together a virtual team of
Data Specialist Newbury The role Great chance for you to join a high profile Simplify programme, which is a multi-year business critical programme within Vodafone, where you’ll deliver via a series
System Administrator (Linux) Farnborough You’ll join a Secure Networks team, responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and sof
SOC Specialist (Shift) Farnborough, Brentford You’ll be part of a 24/7 shift team providing monitoring of SIEM systems, managed firewall, IPS and other security services for both Vodafone and its cus
Cyber Architect Farnborough Your Role: Joining a specialist team and leading telco Secure Services department, you’ll provide in-depth Cyber Security Architecture and Design for Vodafone and our cus
Senior Business Analyst / Solutions Design Newbury G band The Business Design Team plays a vital role managing the interface between the Business, Technology, Customer Journey Owners and Suppliers
Register your interest for our upcoming Commercial Enterprise vacancies! A bit about Commercial Our commercial teams are the bedrock of Vodafone making the most of opportunities every day and we’re p
Job title: Commercial Specialist Location: Newbury The future is exciting. Are you ready to join our Enterprise team as our next Commercial Specialist? Your Role This position will be responsible