As Vodafone continues to evolve, our dedication to innovation has never been greater. Already the world's leading mobile telecommunications company, our goal is to pioneer a world of total communications solutions, where fixed, mobile, voice and data will all become one. And with approximately 407 million customers to cater for across the globe, there has never been a better time to jump on board.
At Vodafone, we don’t just produce creative products, we develop amazing people too. We’re a brand that loves change – if it’s not happening naturally then we’re building it ourselves. It’s at our core to push forward, to build a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate. That’s the lifeblood that runs throughout Vodafone. We are driven to empower people. We are committed to helping our people perform at their best and achieve their full potential.
Check out the latest, vacancies, blogs and discussions - www.vodafone.com/bigdata
The role of Data Scientist will be a key position within the Big Data analytics team.
We are looking for an experience Data Scientist to work closely with the Lead Data Scientist to explore local countries Big Data Analytics opportunities as well as supporting and capitalising on Central Functional Team innovation initiatives. You will be working with key stakeholders within local country to generate hypotheses and supports the analytics modelling managers to create models that answer impactful business questions.
As Data Scientist your main responsibilities will involve:
· Translating complex datasets into key strategy insight and powerful capabilities, to the business:
· Participating in cutting-edge research projects in collaboration with Universities e.g. Deep Learning, Social Network Analysis
· Support a global community of data scientists across countries and business streams
· Identify new analytics trends and opportunities to drive the innovation agenda across countries
· Identify new data sources and evaluate emerging technologies for data discovery usage
· Be recognised as an expert in Big Data Analytics, advising on the suitability of Big Data products and solutions
· Advise the analytics modelling managers on best practice methodology for Big Data Analytics
· Delve into data from different systems, at different timescales, and in complex formats to discover hidden relationships and useful information
· Advise on best practice Big Data Analytics methodology and processes for analytics insight generation, technology and data
As Data Scientist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Working knowledge of Big Data statistical analytics tools (e.g. Python, R, Scala)
· Experience in Big Data Analytics landscape and technology trends (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, NoSQL, SQL)
· Familiar with leading visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire, D3.js)
· Significant experience in Big Data analytics & deployment of models and algorithms into a commercial/consumer environment in order to analyse extremely large volumes of structured data
· Ability to test hypotheses from raw data sets and draw meaningful conclusions
· Deep and broad statistical modelling expertise in various domains
· Good communication skills, with proven ability to work cross functional teams to translate business issues into potential analytics solutions
· Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computing and Engineering
Here at Vodafone, we aim to create a working culture that is inclusive to all and believe that having a diverse workforce which reflects our global footprint will help us meet the needs of our globally diverse customers. We do not condone unfair treatment of any kind and offer equal opportunities for all aspects of employment and advancement regardless of race, nationality, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or religious or political belief.
Our vision is to have an inclusive culture which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of the diversity of our people. Therefore, we want people from all walks of life to come and join us in the Vodafone family. We want to attract the best talent there is globally - whoever they are, wherever they come from and whatever professional background and experience they have.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us at email@example.com
Engineering Authority- 240208Location – Newbury What’s the role? Working in a team of like-minded and highly skilled Network Project Engineers, the primary focus for this role is delivery of reliable
SOC Specialist (Shift) Farnborough, Brentford You’ll be part of a 24/7 shift team providing monitoring of SIEM systems, managed firewall, IPS and other security services for both Vodafone and its cus
Cyber Engineer (IT) Farnborough Your Role: You'll be joining a team that manage all operating systems supporting Vodafone’s secure SOC. You'll be responsible for providing technical support to SOC an
IT System Administrator Farnborough You’ll join a Secure Networks team, responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software
Cyber Architect Farnborough Your Role: Joining a specialist team and leading telco Secure Services department, you’ll provide in-depth Cyber Security Architecture and Design for Vodafone and our cus
IP Network Specialist Farnborough, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow You’ll be responsible for the design and build of a range of IP networks across multiple vendors and p
Role Title: Global Service Partner Location: Newbury/UK Flexible At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer e
Role Title: Commercial Client Partner Location: Newbury/UK Flexible At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer
Role Title: Service Desk Analyst Location: Glasgow Role Profile: Group Enterprise Operations (GEO) provide customer and technical support globally to Vodafone’s Enterprise customers. Group Enter
Title: Cloud Sales (New business) Location: South East UK (Home Based) Our secure and flexible Cloud and Hosting Services offer centralised and scalable IT solutions across a mixture of platforms inc
Role Title: Service Manager Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30