Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. At Vodafone Group, we partner with our local markets to drive consistency and earn customer loyalty across 20 countries for over 600 million customers. We are restless and passionate about creating a better future for all. We are always open to new things, and curious to create solutions that our customers will love. We are constantly learning to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards and to deliver on our strategy. Our ambition is to improve 1 billion lives and half our environmental impact by 2025. It’s up to each of us to make this happen. Ready?
The Data Engineer will work alongside Data Scientists to build end-to-end applications that make use of large volumes of source data from the operational systems and output insights back to business systems. You will be responsible for sourcing, ingesting, wrangling and validating data sets, building pipelines to transform data and produce analytical records for machine learning.
- Design and implement highly scalable data systems and optimal data delivery and data transformation architectures
- Assembly large and complex datasets according to product backlogs and business requirements
- Develop algorithms in collaboration with data scientist and translate them into production systems
- Support the Group Big Data and AI team in producing high performing and stable applications, which perform complex processing of massive volumes of data in a Cloud based analytics platform.
- Proactively work with the rest of the team to ensure the right quality checks are in place at the various stages of the data integration
- Support and contribute, with the rest of the Big Data team of Data Engineering / QA / Data Science, to define best practice for the agile development of applications to run on the Big Data Platform
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science Engineering, or related fields
- Experience creating premium data products using Scala, Spark, Python, Hadoop/Cloudera in an Agile delivery
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineering role
- Experience working on the Cloud (ideally Google Cloud)
- Expert level experience in designing, building and managing applications to process large amounts of data in Big Data ecosystems.
- Knowledge of building systems to perform real-time data processing using Spark Streaming and Kafka, or similar technologies.
- Solid experience and expertise across data integration, management and modelling
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts
- Successful experience working in cross-functional teams of product owners data scientists, engineers, and technology professionals
- Experience with telco data, digital, and app data highly desirable
- Applied Scrum / Agile methodologies
- 28 days holiday (with the option to buy or sell 5 days) plus public holidays
- Flexible working
- Pension matching scheme of up to 10%
- 5 paid days leave for charity projects
- MyChoices portal - cycle to work scheme, 100’s of retail discounts, shares and salary sacrifice schemes
- Vodafone family and friends discount
- Interest free commuter loan
- Global parental leave policy for all new parents coming in 2020 which includes 16 weeks fully paid leave and upon returning to work, new parents can work part-time hours for 6 months whilst being paid their full-time salary
- Access to Vodafone University and LinkedIn Learning
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too.
Get to know us better here and find out what life at Vodafone could be like for you.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any application-related enquiries.
London, Greater London
Role Title: Online Sales & eCommerce Manager Location: Paddington The Internet of Things team play a key part in the success of V by Vodafone. We are the fearless and restless pioneers in our field