Cyber Security Manager
Working across the business functions (Enterprise, Consumer or Internal), your role will be to ensure we deliver secure products and services to our customers and identifying and evaluating the potential risk of fraud or exposure of customer information.
You will work with project teams to produce solutions that comply with internal security policies, standards and the security architecture. The role requires a recent hands-on background with a wide range of security, network and/or IT technologies. You will also provide technical advice and guidance to Cyber Security Specialists and Analysts.
Working directly with the Cyber Security Managers , you will be responsible for all Cyber Security Consulting and Assessment activities including ensuring security design requirements have been met, defects identified through security testing have been mitigated and any deviation from policy have been accurately captured through the risk management process.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Review the scope of what each project/programme is aiming to deliver and evaluate the potential risk of fraud or exposure of customer information. Use the result of this assessment (and own judgement based on experience) to derive a prioritised set of projects for Information Security to work on.
- Ensure that the development of selected prioritised products and services are subject to a security review, by participating in the project design process, to influence decisions and develop secure solutions for Vodafone and our customers
- Provide specialist risk management advice on projects, taking into account the business objectives/commercial benefit and the need to provide secure products to our customers.
- Ensure that the requirements of the Fraud Management team are taken into account when new products and services are being developed, by clearly highlighting any unaddressed fraud risks and the potential financial impact that these may represent to the business case for the project.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Competent in understanding IT and network designs and equipment configurations used to deliver a wide range of IT and telecommunications solutions
- Competent in applying security policies and principles defined in security architecture to real world scenarios
- Understands and applies risk management principles
- Effective communication skills to influence stakeholders and explain complex security requirements in simple terms
- Stakeholder Management - established as the go-to person for any project issues impacting on Corporate & External Affairs teams
- Establishing and maintaining single point of contact relationship with key project manager(s)
Commitment by Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.