The successful applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a high level (DV level) of security clearance
COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee safety. As part of this we have moved to a virtual hiring and onboarding process until further notice.
Join Vodafone Secure Sector - VSS for Vodafone UK and be heavily embedded in providing world-class Secure Solutions for our Enterprise clients. As we strive to keep ourselves ahead of the game and the threats, you will lead the way in Telecommunications and work with the latest technologies.
What will you be doing?
As a Cyber Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for operating systems to support Vodafone’s secure SOC. You will be responsible for providing technical support to SOC analysts and management of SIEM systems, databases and Log/Event collection systems.
• Implement Log/Event Collection systems and agents
• Interface between SOC Analysts and both internal (NOC, IT) and external customers
• Provide in-depth IT support to SOC Analysts
• Support customer deployments, user acceptance testing
• Maintain SOC infrastructure – Analyst systems, SIEM, databases (event, threat, IOC)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with a strong technology background with the following skills:
• IT/Network Engineer, ideally in a telecoms/ISP environment
• Penetration Testing – NMAP, Nessus
• Knowledge of a wide range of security technologies, including SIEM, HIDS, Proxies (Cisco WSA/ESA)
• IT Systems/Databases – Windows, Linux, MySQL, PostGres, ElasticSearch, Hadoop
• Scripting – Python, PHP, shell
Ability to hold and maintain a level of security clearance
Our promise to you
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. From our market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes we are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
The future is exciting.