Credit Advisor - Manchester
Credit Controller, Manchester
Salary: £21,000 + performance related bonus + excellent benefits
Shift pattern: Monday to Friday (37.5 hours a week) shifts between 9am and 5pm
About the Role
As a Credit Controller with Vodafone, you will be pivotal in managing the accounts of some of our highest billing fixed line corporate clients. For this exciting opportunity, we’re looking for motivated individuals who can communicate effectively across the business. You will also be building and maintaining relationships with both clients, customers and colleagues alike. Working closely with our corporate client base, your responsibilities will include negotiating settlements of outstanding debt, ensuring payment terms are adhered to and handling queries in a timely manner to get them efficiently resolved for the good of the business. The ability to work well under pressure and being able to use your own initiative is essential in this role, and a good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel would also be highly beneficial. This challenging and rewarding role offers fantastic benefits, a clear development path and has great earning potential for target driven people who are looking to establish themselves as a key part of our finance team.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Achieve/exceed monthly cash collection and aged debt targets, taking accountability to notify the Credit Manager in advance of any circumstances that may impact target achievement
- Owns the end to end Credit & Collections relationship with allocated account
- Provide high levels of Customer Service to internal and external customers
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Work independently to manage daily workloads ensuring that all key customers and stakeholders are communicated to and debt ledger is worked in a timely and effective manner
- Provide timely and suitable escalation where customers or Vodafone internal stakeholders do not adhere to agreed actions
- Participate positively in projects, development of internal processes and activities, outside normal duties
- Drive a continuous improvement culture
Personal attributes/technical skills/ professional qualifications:
- Good knowledge of systems and ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and email (Outlook)
- Strong numeral skills backed with analytical skills
- Experience of managing Enterprise customers
- Membership of the Institute of Credit Management would be advantageous
- Previous experience of delivering commercial credit and collections activity or delivering targets through a customer facing operation
- Able to make clear decisions and execute
Some of the benefits
- 36 days’ holiday (including 8 bank holidays) and the option to buy or sell an additional 5 days.
- CICM Study support
- Monday - Friday role - never work a weekend.
- Excellent internal career progression opportunities – join our “Leadership Development” programme.
- Up to 80% discounted SIM only and Broadband packages for yourself, your family and friends.
- We believe the health and happiness of our people is central to our success as a business – to achieve this we offer free health assessments to support your well being.
- Onsite gym.
- Barista style coffee shop.
- Discounts at 100’s of high street stores.
- World leading maternity package.
- Plus many more.
Proud to be in The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies To Work For 2018
Your future is exciting. Ready?
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive environment in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays a meaningful role in the success of our business and we are committed to building an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.