Counsel - Procurement and Commercial Operations
SORRY, THIS VACANCY HAS NOW EXPIRED
Counsel - Procurement and Commercial Operations - Newbury
About the role
The future is exciting, Ready to join our Legal Team as our next Legal Counsel?
Just as you would suspect, our legal teams look after Vodafone's legal estate across the UK and play a big part in ensuring Vodafone’s compliance with recent regulatory laws. Pushing our own agenda, we look to limit regulatory impacts.
In this role you will work as a Solicitor within the Procurement and Technology legal team advising Vodafone UK on procurement and technology projects and working closely with Supply Chain Management, Technology, Terminals, Carrier Services, Wholesale and Business Development.
- Drafting and leading the negotiation of commercial agreements for the supply of goods and services, carrier services, wholesale mobile services, outsourcings and IT, Networks and business development related projects involving Vodafone UK.
- Reviewing and participating in the negotiation of agreements for the supply of goods and services etc. which impact and benefit Vodafone UK but which are being led by Vodafone’s group procurement functions e.g. Vodafone’s Luxembourg-based procurement company, the VPC, and Group Terminals.
- Legal support, contract drafting and negotiation for acquisitions or disposals involving Vodafone UK business, and supporting Senior Counsel and paralegal with Vodafone UK Company Secretarial activity.
- Legal support, contract drafting and negotiation of inter-company agreements related to the team’s areas of responsibility.
- Providing legal advice, assistance and support (on both a proactive and reactive basis) to SCM, Technology, Terminals, Carrier Services, Wholesale, Business Development/Strategy teams, in writing, orally, by presentations and in meetings.
- Providing legal advice, assistance and support (on both a proactive and reactive basis) to other members of the UK legal team on relevant legal issues.
- Monitoring advice given by external solicitors and ensuring it is appropriately disseminated to internal customers.
- In the case of disputes with suppliers, working closely with the dispute resolution team to determine position and strategy, advise the relevant internal customers and achieve resolution.
- Reviewing a wide range of sources of information for new and proposed legal developments which impact the team’s areas of responsibility. Raising new and emerging issues with the UK legal team and the UK business as appropriate, including providing advice and comment in writing and/or in presentations/workshops.
- Keeping contract templates and internal briefing notes up-to-date and providing ongoing training to ensure that SCM, Technology, Terminals, Carrier Services, Wholesale, Business Development/Strategy can procure goods and services as efficiently as possible and in a way that manages key legal risks.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Solicitor with post-qualification experience practising in either private practice or in an in-house role in the commercial field.
- Solid grounding in commercial law and a good level of general legal knowledge.
- Proficient drafting skills and able to draft standard commercial contracts, with ability to draft more complex contracts under supervision.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills and able to lead legal negotiations on standard commercial contracts and drive projects to successful completion.
- Able to act unsupervised on standard commercial contracts and under supervision on more complex matters.
Corporate at Vodafone
Well – we work within the heart of our business, providing top notch support, expertise and guidance across our UK and Group operations. In a nutshell, we’ve been trailblazing the way to our next stage of digital growth. Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our corporate function a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of?
Get on board today
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Location London, Greater London
Description Senior Legal Counsel, Consumer - London About the role The future is exciting, Ready to join our Legal Team as our next Senior Legal Counsel? Just as you would suspect, our legal teams look after Voda
Location London, Greater London
Description Role Title: Global Privacy CounselLocation: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence acr