Compute Engineer / Server Engineer
Role Title: Compute Engineer / Server Engineer
Shift: 2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off - generous shift allowance
Do you have a background in Infrastructure, Server and Cloud technical support, and embrace the value of providing superb customer service with enterprise clients? We want to hear from you.
Group Enterprise Operations (GEO) provide customer and technical support globally to Vodafone’s Enterprise customers. Group Enterprise Operations manage the full product portfolio across mobility, fixed line services and unified communications. We are now seeking a Compute Engineer / Server Engineer for our 24/7 teams who support on our Cloud & Hosting services and products.
As a Compute Engineer, you will support the in-life management of end-to-end performance monitoring and event management systems for Cloud & Hosting infrastructure. You should be adept to working with businesses to support in physical and virtual environments, multitasking with projects/tasks for key clients and stakeholders, and enjoy being challenged and developed by your management team – who have a first-hand understanding of role, and the challenges presented.
We are offering a fantastic opportunity to join Vodafone at a time when we are investing heavily in out digital capabilities, and as a part of the 1st/2nd line support function you will have exposure to cross functional areas such as IoT, Cloud & Hosting, Enterprise Security and more.
In return you will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, shift allowance, a modern secure working environment, excellent tools and bleeding edge technologies, and our is Leeds city centre office has great public transport links and onsite parking. We also have a range of flexible benefits available and a genuine career development commitment from us – we are seeking individuals who want to take on new and exciting projects alongside their day-to-day BAU role.
- Work with Vodafone technology services to identify and run efficient value add management and monitoring solutions for customers.
- Support operations teams through correlation, analysis, and prioritisation of event data to focus on business-critical issues for customers.
- Support customers through the timely resolution of incidents working to agreed service levels.
- Contribute to root cause analysis of customer incidents, driving continuous service improvement
- Develop and broader platform and operating system skills within team through coaching, mentoring and the creation of high quality technical support documentation.
- Strong experience supporting event management tools, physical and virtual server platforms, data backups, and storage solutions.
- Track record of resolving complex high severity customer incidents
- Proven ability to focus on the customer at all times
- Confident when interacting with technical colleagues, customers, and key stakeholders.
- Windows Server OS Support and/or Red Hat Linux Support
- VMWare Admin and Support
- BMC Patrol (desirable)
- BMC Truesight (desirable)
- Solarwinds (desirable)
What is the key to our success? It’s simple – our people. Across a Global footprint, we believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours. From our diverse workforce, our flexible working policies to our creative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It’s in our hearts to push forward, to create a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate.
We are committed to developing the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. Our excellent flexible benefits programme allows you to choose what’s right for you. Our Vodafone Foundation gives the ability for our people to give something back. We embrace empowering our people to shape their world.
To discover more about how Vodafone Group leads the way in Diversity & Inclusion and hear our CEO Vittorio Colao talk about how he is listed as one of the top 10 men fighting for gender diversity, please click here.
The future is exciting.
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org