Commercial Trading Manager
Role can be based in London The Speechmark, Stoke or Manchester
Competitive salary + Excellent benefits
In 1985, we made the first mobile call in the UK, with your experience in commercial management help us to continue, to create work worthy to shout about.
On a day-to-day basis as a Commercial Trading Manager, your role will involve:
• Responsible for producing and managing the annual, quarterly, monthly trading plans to ensure targets are delivered
• Understanding trading performance highlighting areas of focus across sites
• Ensure key initiatives are appropriately supported in terms of channel/ business requirements on reporting and insight
• Owns trading toolkit which delivers options to mitigate risk or drive over delivery
• Work with Telesales and Retention to deliver site level productivity improvements
• Understand market dynamics key launches and pricing and promotional changes to enhance targeting decisions
• Accountable for the effective delivery of Telesales and Retention incentives
• Understanding of weekly channel performance vs. competitors to define next move or build a mitigation plan
• Build channel forecasts for 5+7/9+15
By focusing on the next chapter in our game-changing history, we blend the best of Digital and human interaction for millions of customers around the world. We’ve created an environment where innovation comes from collaboration and creativity comes from empowered thinking.
Our power keeps us pumped. We have a strong brand and reputation, and we have our people to thank for it. We’ll empower you to grow with us. Not only do we constantly invent and look out for everything new, we’ll let you take the reins to drive us forward to success.
Now we need a Commercial Trading Manager to be responsible for supporting the channel in 3 key areas:
1. Understanding trading performance highlighting where the risks and opportunities are against the targets and building a plan with the channel to improve/optimise position
2. Responsible for producing and agreeing all channel targets and understanding any differences at a campaign, activity or store level
3. Accountable for providing the strategic commercial directive and multi-channel alignment for front line reward
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has high commercial acumen and great stakeholder management to work with the telesales/call centre areas to drive an efficient and optimised business.
As a Commercial Trading Manager, ideally you will have:
• Commercial acumen and numeric skills
• Analytical and able to derive insight from channel and commercial data
• Strong influencing and engagement skills to manage senior stakeholders
• Experience of working in a fast-paced commercial delivery environment with knowledge of sales
• A strong collaborative approach with the ability to bring people together to deliver a common goal
• Experience of working in a Call centre/telesales environment (desirable)
If this sounds like you and you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a great career as we work hard to continue to stay ahead of the game.
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.