Commercial Paralegal - Newbury
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Paralegal to join Vodafone UK’s Award Winning Legal department.
Within this role, you will be responsible for providing accurate, timely and solution-orientated contract services to maximise revenues and profitability in a manner that eliminates liabilities and improper or illegal conduct.
You will work as part of a team on high profile, complex deals and be able to articulate compelling solutions to the customer’s business challenges, whilst considering and protecting Vodafone’s interests.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Provide accurate, practical and timely commercial and contracts advice and support in relation to the business activities of Enterprise, particularly with regard to all aspects involved with securing, managing and developing Enterprise customers.
- Support Enterprise regions in all aspects of their work to facilitate the achievement of revenue targets whilst minimising avoidable risk
- Monitor and improve processes to ensure we’re working in the most effective way
- Develop and deliver training packages to correctly influence and help our internal customers understand more about the contractual implications of their customer quotes.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with key stakeholders, particularly in the Enterprise Sales channels, Commercial and Bid Management to achieve strategic goals.
- Support transformational activities to simplify the contracting process for Enterprise customers
Essential to the Role:
- Proven commercial contract negotiation experience in a telecoms or professional services environment
- Preferably, good first/upper second class legal degree, LPC and relevant commercial experience
- Ability to confidently and effectively negotiate complex bespoke deals in a ‘win-win’ way
- Professional excellence – strong contracts & legal knowledge
- Operational excellence – ensures effective end to end service to internal & external customers
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and relationship management
Corporate at Vodafone
If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career, and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.