Commercial Manager Pre sales� Major Enterprise Customers
Role title: Commercial Manager
Reports to: Senior Commercial Manager / Commercial Team Leader
Location: Newbury/Bracknell/London base.
This position will be responsible owning the commercial planning and decision making for multiple medium to high complexity customer opportunities, maximising the commercial outcome, and leading customer commercial relationships.
Proactively drive profitable business results.
Plan, shape and implement effective winning commercial response strategies through customer insight and competitor insight.
- Assess the quality of opportunities through qualification, assimilating the customer drivers, economic factors and levers pre-bid, and identifying gaps in information to close.
- Influence the bid plan of opportunities pursued. Define and agree the steps required to create the business proposal including identification of stakeholders and agreeing timings of deliverables.
- Translate documented business and technical requirements (RFPs, ITTs, draft contracts) into commercial and financial impact.
- Interpret, produce and evaluate scenarios and identify key drivers. Lead and advise in decision-making.
- Plan, shape and implement effective commercial response strategies and communicate effectively through governance.
- Drive a balanced risk management approach to opportunities through identification, assessment and impact quantification.
- Identify early any emerging contract issues and competitive threats and devise and drive actions plans to protect Vodafone's interests.
- Manage negotiations to successful outcome through credibility, reasoning, trust and confidence.
- Operate and comply within the business processes and seek and apply best practice to achieve results.
- Advise senior management of key issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Customer Obsessed. Innovation hungry. Ambitious and competitive.
- Demonstrates appreciation of an organisation's products and services and the markets in which they are sold.
- Has financial and business acumen and solves complex problems often with incomplete information.
- Experienced in creating business cases. Can produce cost budgets, create pricing structures and apply analytical decision making considerate of internal financial objectives (cash-flow, payback, ROI) and customer objectives.
- Experienced in developing and managing complex commercial opportunities with a track record of delivering results.
- Provide commercial creativity, generate ideas, and identify critical areas where performance can be driven through focus, influence and change.
- Demonstrates understanding of contract terminology, contract clauses and methods of procurement and contracting.
- Creates written material and delivers verbal information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Understands others and adapts style to build open relationships and to deliver results through influence and assertiveness.