This position will be responsible owning the commercial planning and decision making for multiple medium to high complexity customer opportunities, maximising the commercial outcome, and leading customer commercial relationships.
- Proactively drive profitable business results.
- Plan, shape and implement effective winning commercial response strategies through customer insight and competitor insight.
- Assess the quality of opportunities through qualification, assimilating the customer drivers, economic factors and levers pre-bid, and identifying gaps in information to close.
- Influence the bid plan of opportunities pursued. Define and agree the steps required to create the business proposal including identification of stakeholders and agreeing timings of deliverables.
- Translate documented business and technical requirements (RFPs, ITTs, draft contracts) into commercial and financial impact.
- Interpret, produce and evaluate scenarios and identify key drivers. Lead and advise in decision-making.
- Use modelling, forecasting and planning techniques to develop business cases.
- Analyse and manage cost and revenue streams. Provide cost challenge and sensitivity analysis. Ensure integrity & credibility of cost base
- Apply commercial principles that are relevant for the market and the opportunity, including Win Price formulation
- Communicate concisely the relationship between the contractual terms and the commercial and financial solution
- Apply investment appraisal techniques to ensure business proposals meet Vodafone financial objectives
- Drive a balanced risk management approach to opportunities through identification, assessment and impact quantification.
- Identify early any emerging contract issues and competitive threats and devise and drive actions plans to protect Vodafone's interests.
- Advise senior management of key issues and escalate as appropriate
The following attributes are what's important to us?
- Customer Obsessed. Innovation hungry. Ambitious and competitive.
- Demonstrates appreciation of an organisation's products and services and the markets in which they are sold.
- Has financial and business acumen and solves complex problems often with incomplete information.
- Experienced in creating business cases. Can produce cost budgets, create pricing structures and apply analytical decision making considerate of internal financial objectives (cash-flow, payback, ROI) and customer objectives.
- Experienced in the preparation of commercial responses to contract terms and conditions.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Manages negotiations to successful outcome through credibility, reasoning, trust and confidence.
- Operates and complies within the business processes; seeks and applies best practice to achieve results.
- Provides commercial creativity, generate ideas, and identifies critical areas where performance can be driven through focus, influence and change.
- Demonstrates understanding of contract terminology, contract clauses and methods of procurement and contracting.
- Creates written material and delivers verbal information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Understands others and adapts style to build open relationships and to deliver results through influence and assertiveness.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too.
Vodafone is committed to making reasonable adjustments for all candidates considered to have a disability during the recruitment assessment process. Should you meet the minimum criteria for the role you are applying to, we will contact you to discuss the reasonable adjustments that you may need.
London, Greater London
Role Title: Online Sales & eCommerce Manager Location: Paddington The Internet of Things team play a key part in the success of V by Vodafone. We are the fearless and restless pioneers in our field