Commercial Finance Manager
Commercial Finance Manager - Newbury
About the role
This role supports two key functions within the Technology directorate – TES and Technology Operations which between them constitute 65% of employees within the function as well as all network support and maintenance costs.
As the Finance business partner this role has the key responsibility for supporting the relevant teams to achieve their financial targets through strong financial governance, challenging operating and financial plans and exploring and options to minimise operational cost base and improve efficiency.
- Business partnership: Manage relationship with functional heads operating as a virtual member of the relevant teams, Support and challenge the business to set and deliver challenging operating and financial plans, financially support the decision making process across the business and drive strategic options to minimise operational cost base.
- Financial Analysis: Full understanding of operational cost drivers and key business trends to develop analysis to support monthly performance reviews and forecasts and mitigate impact of risks
- Financial Planning: Manage functional forecast processes and drive achievement of business plans and forecasts for both Opex and Capex expenditure, producing rolling forecast models to consistently track and forecast performance
- Governance & Control: Work closely with the Shared Service Centre and outsourced suppliers to ensure the monthly results are accurately reported and understood
- Business Cases Support: Support the preparation of business cases, review financial implications, ensure alignment to financial plans and benefit tracking.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Fully qualified (CIMA, ACA, ACMA, ACCA)
- Highly proficient in MS Excel, Powerpoint
Presentation & communication skills - interpreting and explaining complex information to senior stakeholders, team members and others
- Strong delivery focus and ability to prioritise across multiple stakeholder demands.
- Commercial understanding and ability to translate operational drivers into financial plans.
- Member of cross-functional team, creating relationships and interfaces across functions and with customers
Corporate at Vodafone
Well – we work within the heart of our business, providing top notch support, expertise and guidance across our UK and Group operations. In a nutshell, we’ve been trailblazing the way to our next stage of digital growth. Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our corporate function a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of?
Get on board today
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.