Commercial Finance Analyst
As Finance Analyst you will support Customer Operations and Digital Operations within the UK business, focussing on forecasting, month end reporting, and in-depth analysis of operational drivers behind OpEx spend and CapEx spend.
As part of the business partner team within Technology, Operations and Corporate Functions’ finance this role offers exposure to the internal control, reporting and forecasting processes of the organisation as well as operational interaction with the business to review and understand the underlying cost base, and drive actions to improve performance.
The role will also assist in the development and production of reports and analysis to enable variance analysis and visibility of cost drivers, support Capital governance processes, and provide consolidated reporting and business updates.
• Business partnership: Support operational teams / budget owners to understand cost base, explain variances to plan, and track key initiatives.
• Financial Analysis: Develop models to simplify large data sets to support value added analysis by identifying operational cost drivers and key business trends to support monthly reporting and forecasts and mitigate impact of any risks.
• Financial Planning: Support the achievement of business plans and forecasts for operating and capital expenditures, producing standard reporting methodology to consistently track and forecast performance, and monitor risks and opportunities on a rolling basis
• Governance & Control: Work closely with the Shared Service Centre and outsourced suppliers to ensure the monthly results are accurately reported and understood and support capital allocation governance
• Ability to work to tight deadlines with speed without compromising accuracy or quality. Ability to flex models to deliver high level results based on material impacts
• A self-starter who will proactively go out and gain the required knowledge/data to support key stakeholder needs
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to ensure key and often complex messages are clearly, concisely and professionally communicated
• Has the ability to react to business change quickly to support the needs of customers
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships.
• Prepared to challenge opinions with sound reasoning to achieve the desired outcome.
• Sound commercial judgement. Considers the impact of proposals on the wider business & recommends practical solutions
• Always looking to improve personal and overall team performance to drive strong financial performance.
- Strong record of achievement and impact
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Sound understanding of accounting processes and systems
- Commercial Business Partnering
- Qualified Accountant
Vodafone Way Behaviours:
ONE COMPANY, LOCAL ROOTS - We work across Vodafone to achieve the best outcome for customers, employees and shareholders.
CUSTOMER OBSESSED - We are passionate about exceeding customer expectations and bring the customer experience to every decision.
INNOVATION HUNGRY - We create and deliver new products, services and ways of working that delight our customers.
SPEED, SIMPLICITY & TRUST – We quickly seek simple solutions to problems and take pride in eliminating complexity.
AMBITIOUS & COMPETITIVE – We deliver the best in class
Please note that all candidates internal and external will be subject to baseline security checks and Vodafone reserves the right to terminate employees that do not meet our minimum vetting requirements.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us on email@example.com
Commercial Manager Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee s
FICO Specialist FICO Specialist Location: (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) Hours: 37.5 Hours COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote
Senior Commercial Lead Location: London (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee
Commercial Manager Location: Newbury (Full-time remote working during COVID-19) COVID-19 Notice: We are continuing recruitment and have implemented new processes that promote candidate and employee sa
By connecting people, places and things, Vodafone Business helps organisations succeed in a digital world. With our expertise in connectivity, our leading IoT platform and our global scale, we can de
Venture Commercial Assurance Manger Role Title: Commercial Manager - AssuranceLocation: Newbury Cloud & Security Our secure and flexible Cloud and Hosting Services offer centralised and scalable IT