Commercial Finance Analyst
Commercial Finance Analyst - Newbury
About the role
This role plays an integral member of the Enterprise commercial finance team acting as finance business partner for transformational programmes within Major Business. This role will provide challenge and support to drive the P&L performance and delivery of the programme. The role interfaces with multiple stakeholders across Enterprise, Finance and Legal.
- Support and influence financial and commercial decision making through partnering and challenging the business.
- Drive the programme team to deliver the targets for revenue, margin and EBITDA including a focus on billing, cash collection, purchase orders and resource utilisation.
- Provide commercial insight on the month end results, trends and follow up actions. Clear and concise articulation of financial information to non-financial stakeholders, including standard KPI reporting.
- A thorough understanding of the dynamics of the programme performance is required, and be able to articulate the impacts from business activity and be able to influence teams in the best interests of Vodafone to improve performance.
- Budgeting and forecasting cycles working with the business to define volumes, revenue and cost of sales. All information in line with forecasting timetable.
- Recommend ideas and practical solutions to issues. Proactively seek out revenue & profit opportunities.
- Work closely with Financial Operations and Business Intelligence areas to ensure consistent, clear and accurate information
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills across both finance and non-finance functions at all levels
- Strong analytical skills and commercial understanding.
- Strong prioritisation skills – able to manage conflicting requirements to tight deadlines and distinguish between the urgent and important
- Experience of business partnering
- Accounting Qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACMA, ACCA) or equivalent experience
- Forecasting/budgeting experience
Corporate at Vodafone
Well – we work within the heart of our business, providing top notch support, expertise and guidance across our UK and Group operations. In a nutshell, we’ve been trailblazing the way to our next stage of digital growth. Here at Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to create a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our corporate function a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to encourage growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Sound like the corporate function you’d like to be part of?
Get on board today
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.