Cloud / Virtualisation /SDN / NFV – Design Engineer
About the Opportunity
As a Design Engineer (SDN / NFV / Virtualisation) in Vodafone’s Group Technology Delivery & Operations division. You will provide technical design and deployment support of a large-scale, multi-vendor, hybrid cloud environment. Working closely with architecture lines to transform these requirements into an optimized technical, functional, operational support model.
What you will do:
The Design Engineer (SDN / NFV / Virtualisation) will design, deploy, and run our virtual cloud infrastructure which supports our OSS operation.
You will design and support capacity planning activities and be responsible for engineering, design and implementation of our NFV/SDN solutions for our European Markets.
- Analyse, evaluate and work-out the requirements for a demand.
- Manage the project lifecycle, coordinating suppliers engage with peers and other stakeholders during the development and implementation phase.
- Prepare mid and long term technology plan, in line with Vendor’s roadmap and technology evolution, to cope with customers’ and traffic growth ensuring service quality and network performance.
- Prepare mid and long term financial planning activities (Detailed budget, regular budget updates and Long Range Plan)
- Evaluate Vendors’ technical and commercial offers and support SCM and VPC activities during commercial negotiations with the Vendors
You will have deep technical knowledge of data centre infrastructure, cloud, virtualisation technologies and architecture with the ability to work across multi-functional and cultural boundaries to deliver results and change.
- Strong focus on engineering and architecture of Virtualisation, Cloud environments, SDN and NFV solutions
- In-depth knowledge of data centre infrastructure, cloud, virtualization architectures and operational processes
- Cloud computing architecture and design (IT and Telco)
- Telco OSS/BSS Solutions
About Vodafone Group
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers.
As we evolve into a truly digital company, Vodafone Group Technology spans across the entire Vodafone footprint and drives our technology advancements, to enable us to be the best and most secure in unified communications. We empower our consumer and enterprise customers to be confidently and securely connected. Our unique capabilities create the best voice and data to our customers and continue our advancement in the Internet of Things (IOT), BIG Data, Cybersecurity, Cloud & Hosting, TV and Video. We’re heading to an exciting future – fancy being part of our Vodafone Gigabit growth?
What’s in it for you?
We’ll help you be the best you can be, with dedicated support and mentoring, plenty of opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
As well as a generous basic salary, annual company bonus, you also have 28 day’s holiday, company pension scheme, Life Insurance, product discounts and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Do you want to Learn more?
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click now to apply or contact our recruiter Neermal Doolub for an initial chat.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Future is Exciting. Ready?