Cloud Senior Architect
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
- Take E2E ownership and accountability of cloud design, principles & practices for the delivery of Internet of Things (IoT) projects.
- Help facilitate discussions and conflict resolution, alternatives or different approaches & ensure no impact on the delivery of projects.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Coach and mentor team members on agile standards and best practices; ensure consistent best practices are applied across the work streams.
- Ensure the correct setup & usage of CDI tools for projects & ensure project documentations are up to date for every sprint.
- Manage stakeholders and vendor interfaces as required for technical delivery and report on project progress & activities.
- hands-on experience in using cloud services.
- hands-on experience with DevOps tools.
- 2-3 years of virtualization or cloud technologies
- expertise on using cloud service providers & cloud services.
- hands-on experience in designing and deploying infrastructure architecture using Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation) and DevOps tools (Gitlab, Github, Jenkins)
- Experience with multi-device & enterprise developments based on technologies, such as, Java, Oracle Databases and SOA.
- Some level of scripting experience at System Administration level (e.g. Python, Ruby, Bash).
- Basic knowledge of OSI model and Good knowledge of network protocols;
- ITIL Foundations certification
- A strong technical background and ability to understand architecture, network design & technical issues to drive effective agile delivery.
- Ability to maintain calm attitude during difficult situations and handle pressure situations.
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- BSc or MSc level degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Telecommunications.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on email@example.com
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology /
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The future is exciting. Ready?
London, Newbury or Manchester
Role: Unified Communications Solution Architect Location: Newbury HQ, London or Manchester £ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer A senior customer facing role providing technical leadersh
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Commercial Manager Location: London or Newbury Our Team: Group Business Commercial OperationsThis is a chance to join a growing Cloud Commercial team within Vodafone. We are goin
Role Title: Test Transition and Strategic Programmes Manager Location: Paddington At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consiste
Role Title: Senior IoT Strategy & Ecosystems Manager Location: Newbury / London At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency
Role: IT Technical Delivery Manager Location: Newbury HQSalary: £competitive + excellent benefits Is this role for you? As a Technical Delivery Manager, you will be responsibility for the delivery of
Programme Manager Newbury or London based Permanent Are you a Customer facing Programme Manager looking for your next role? As a Programme Manager you will be responsible for leading large customer f